I wanted to share with you girls pics from our Halloween Party.  We decided to keep it small this year and have a formal sit down dinner.  We had 9 people in attendance - I asked everyone to come dressed as someone famous or historical who no longer walked the Earth.    We had a formal sit down dinner with Cleopatra, Chris Farley, Janis Joplin, Frida Kahlo, Mr. Rogers, Jesus Christ, Jim Jones, Phyllis Diller and Amelia Earhart.   Manners of death included 3 from old age, 2 from OD's, 2 suicides, a plane crash and a crucifixion in a pear tree.....  Here are some pics of everyone's great costumes:

Me as Cleopatra

Hubby as Mr. Rogers (he made the owl puppet).

Phyllis Diller - I loved her costume!

Frida Kahlo and her unibrow

Janis Joplin and Chris Farley

Amelia Earhart

Jim Jones (with his Kool Aid and Bible) and Jesus

Our menu included:

Appetizers: Deviled Eggs, Pumpkin Spice Cookies, French Bread with Apple Butter and Apple Cinnamon Cheddar Cheese

Drinks:  Beer, Wine, Coffee with spirits

Salad: A brocolli salad and an apple salad.

Main Course:  Turkey breast; mashed potatoes and green bean almondine

Dessert: Devil's Food Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Chipotle Fudge Sauce and ice cream (TO DIE FOR); Coffee with Bailey's

I scored some good deals at Michael's that helped me decorate my dinner table and credenza.  Actually nature helped with the credenza too - I used a branch and leaves from my yard as the starting point of the display.  I added some cobwebs, candles and tombstones.  This picture is a neat camera trick to make it look spooky.

My table centerpiece was a candelabra I got at Michael's 70% off - wooohoo!!  I used my Grandmother's black and white china.  I found some "DOA" body tags at Michael's (again 70% off) to use as place cards.  I borrowed the table and linens from my awesome neighbor and found the black lace tablecloth at Michael's on the cheap - I really like how it looks over the white linens.

We enjoyed Halloween themed games such as ScatterGOREies and The Name Game (which combines Password, Taboo and Charades).   Lots of laughing going on during those games.

I think everyone enjoyed themselves!  I may consider just doing small dinner parties instead of larger parties.  More time to chat.  Easier to play games.  Problem is - do you invite the same 8-10 people every year or do you change it up?  

Views: 472

Members

Discussion Forum

Rockabilly Cruella photoshoot

Started by Heidi Sherman. Last reply by Valerie L May 25, 2014. 1 Reply

I've been asked to model for a rockabilly Cruella photoshoot this month.Any ideas on hair,makeup and costuming would be fantastic! Help!Continue

2013 Halloween Dinner Party

Started by Amber. Last reply by Shy Anne Oct 27, 2013. 1 Reply

Here is a link to my blog post about our Halloween party last night!…Continue

121 Days...

Started by Amber. Last reply by Amber Jul 5, 2013. 2 Replies

Until Halloween. :-)Are you dolls planning any parties? I can't decide if I want to do a smaller dinner party like last year or if I want to do a larger group party.Anyone thinking costumes yet??Continue

Halloween costumes

Started by Amber. Last reply by Ellie Mae Berry Apr 3, 2013. 61 Replies

I'd love to see all of your Halloween costumes!  Here are a few of mine (along with my gradual 80 lb weight loss):Marie Antoinette and the executioner:…Continue

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service