I don't know how to start this discussion honestly. I'm always curious when I look through all your photos and read your bios. No one really talks about what they do for a living. I guess I wonder this because I work such an obscure job that I always imagine all the PUG enthusiasts are well known celebrities, or powerful business women because you are all so beautiful. 

I work in the offshore oilfield, 6 months a year I'm offshore on a barge or a boat and usually there aren't many girls. I wear steel toe boots, a hardhat, and pants. I never wear makeup and my hair is always in a ponytail. The other 6 months out of my year, I'm usually in a dress with full makeup and my hair done. 

So I guess what I'm asking is what do you guys do for a living? 

Views: 10753

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AMEN! Although i think i will (guiltily) buy one for ... nope, not gonna do it! Oh yea, now i remember - i actually have a ton of free books (classics, anyone? free on amazon!) downloaded on my laptop, but carrying that around is a pain in the ass. so, yea, maybe i will - but only for that. who could turn down free books???

I love to surround myself with books too, in fact almost every room of our home is lined with books. (I always tell people that it's another way of insulating the house! All those books keep us snug) So my home life as well as my work life are biblio-centric.

I love the ephemera that I find in some books: receipts, train tickets, photographs, notes, once I even found a birth certificate! 

Thank you! I love to give and receive books, both new books and collectibles. Some of my favourite books are not the most valuable, but the cheesy/trashy paperbacks with fantastic pin-up cover art :) I cover them with mylar (protective plastic covering) and display them. They are so much fun! 

I also collect Alice editions, love 'em.

We mostly sell our online books to libraries and museums at the moment (last week, I sold a book to the Picasso museum in Barcelona, exciting!), and through the listing sites like abebooks.com and amazon but here's a link to our facebook page for the physical shop :) We have a spiral stair case and a fireplace in the shop. Visit if you ever come to Ireland! https://www.facebook.com/ScealEileBooks 

I can totally get behind the random shit... Right now, I'm getting ready to go to my aunt's house to clean (I do her landscaping and housecleaning when she both needs it and when our schedules work; today'll be the first time in about 3 months that I've been over, so it's going to be a mess, then off to my real job!). Fortunately she pays me; unfortunately, it's not nearly enough to cover everything that I do for her *sigh*. But, I'll keep doing it because when I was unemployed, she kept me in the extra money to help cover my bills and not go insane from not working. The economy right now is killing people not just financially - it's so hard to keep up the motivation to do anything when you can't even get hired to do what you do well! I actually had to keep my degrees off of my job applications, because with them, I couldn't even get an interview anywhere (too overqualified!)!. Hopefully - for all of our sakes - it starts to improve soon... I was so happy to start working a real job again, I actually cried. =)

Hi, as for what I do for a living, I am an instructional designer. However, after beating my head against the stone wall that is Corporate America, I decided life is too short to continue to fight the losing battle of trying to do things the right way, in an environment of apathy and resistance. Hence, the pursuit of my photography career - more specifically pin up and boudoir photography. 

I also used to have an organic gourmet bakery on the side. It was a big hit, but I couldn't stay open at the time due to financial constraints. Now, with a second wind and more focus, as well as being prompted by the number of customers who continue to call asking for orders, I have decided to give it another go. So, I guess I an the cupcake baking photographer. That is my new "what I do for a living" answer. :)

Thank you so much! Once I figure out how to do so, and have some to share, I'll post some pics! :)

awesome! so glad to hear that you're getting a 2nd chance to restart your bakery!

Thank you! :)

Well I don't have a typical female job I am in the automotive parts business so I too wear steel toe boots to work everyday dickies work pants and a work shirts I wear eye liner to work and my hair is usually a piled mess on the top of my head since I m not allowed to leave it down, on my days off I normally do casual PUG but on occasion I do get the urge to go all out from head to toe!

Well I used to do the whole mechanic/ auto paint and body with a little custom paint thrown into the mix that is until the economy crashed her in the states. Now I am working as a manager at an big box auto parts store that I can not name but I honestly love my job now and I am the only female at my location. I also would not wear make up to work if it was considered a taboo and you are totally right about the drawing attention bit...

Hi Rayleen - I can relate, as someone who.has two chronic illnesses. I struggle to find enough hours in the day to run my business, do my theatre work in the evenings and on weekends, and manage my health. I spend 5 days out of every 6 weeks in hospital getting treatment and usually have many appointments with doctors on top of that. I feel that my illnesses have shown me how bloody strong and driven I am...that's about the only positive thing I have to say about being chronicallly ill though! If you ever need a good rant or a chat, inbox me :-) xx

This is really interesting, its nice to get insight into people's lives! I recently stopped working to focus on school full time, I just finished my associates degree and transfered to my local university, and to be a stay at home mom (which doesn't really work since I'm at school 5 days a week).  I am getting my degree in Neuroscience, then will be going to medical school to specialize in Psychiatry.  I too will be a tattooed doctor :) Prior to this, I worked in a warehouse driving a forklift.  I wore track pants, a sweatshirt and freezer gear (insulated bib overalls).  I worked at the Walmart distribution center, in the freezer (-10 to -20 degrees F) and the refrigerated areas.  I dont wish that job on anybody, I did it for almost 3 years, but now I'm free! And I only have 5.5 years of school left hooray!

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service