Hi Everyone!

I'm stuggling to loose weight, everything depends on me loosing weight (about 3 stone).

I have always wanted to model...but I have no confidence and I am totally unhappy in my body so I can't. I've contact agencies with photos and been sent the standard rejection letters back from everyone...'your not suitable' / 'your not what we are looking for'...they may aswell just tell me...your too fat to model for us! I'm too short to get into modelling here in the UK too but I'd love to do a photoshoot just for me, even if its one I have to pay for just to have the experience and some really nice photos...but to do that I still need to loose the weight to be happy doing it.

It effects everything, how I feel, my relationship, my style, my health...everything.

I've done Slimming World and Weight Watchers...no joy! I need some help and guidance. Whats worked for others? Any diet recommendations? Any food choices that work for other people?

I love food, enjoy dining out, a sweet tooth, I have an under active thyroid and can't afford the gym! Somebody please help!! Somethings have to change!!

Views: 570

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well you ladies are very sweet. Maybe one day I'll get asked to so some PUG modellin in the US as no luck in the UK!!

The info has really helped, taken some good stuff from it, alot of think about and consider. Really pleased with the info and guidance from you guys. I know the topic is not about PUG style as such but my weight effects my own PUG style. To me PUG style is more than just clothes, its make up, hair, accessories, attitude, confidence, self esteem the works. I know I'm not the only woman out there with this worry/issue and it's great I can get help from women all over the world that ware going through or have been through something similar and want to help however they can. One day once I'm there I'll have to post a photo of the more confident me in my own PUG style after all your help has paid off to show what can be done with help and support!

I have truly enjoyed reading everyone's response. My wife and I had a serious talk about my weight and her fears for my health 20 years from now. It was a hard conversation but a necessary one. 

There's lot's a great advice here. Only one person has asked you about your thyroid.

I have an under active thyroid as well. You MUST be treated for this and maintain your daily medication intake, as directed.

This condition will not get better by itself.

There is not herbal cure or magic food to eat to "boost" your thyroid.

Do not believe what any popular magazine tells you about "low" thyroid and how to cure it with "this simple trick..."

The side effects of untreated hypothyroidism include weight gain, mood swings, depression, goiter, feeling tired and cold all the time, thinning hair, white spots (calcium deposits) in your finger nails and a host of other things. You should be getting you blood tested a once a year (at a minimum) I get my thyroid levels tested twice a year. I've been treated this condition since I was 27, just over 20 years ago.

I cannot emphasize the importance of getting your thyroid condition treated. None of the other diet and exercise advice will even begin to work if you ignore your thyroid issues. Seriously, it's like trying to run a marathon with a broken leg and thinking your inability to run is a character flaw.

The problem with thyroid is that the medication makes you feel better and you think you can get by without it. That's what I thought until the exhaustion and moodiness returned. 

Okay, my little rant is over. Be kind to yourself and please let us know that you are taking care of your health. 

On a side note: I read an article a few years ago. A young woman was told by the powers that be that she "wasn't suitable" to be a pinup girl model, so she put up a website and with the help of friends made her own pin-up photos and started a profitable business.She was the sole model for her website!!

I love your advice, Linda - I cannot agree more about getting an underactive thyroid treated before trying to do anything else (for that matter, ANY medical condition should be treated and under control before engaging in any weight loss/gain attempts!)!! Thank you for mentioning your experience in this - it truly makes a huge difference to hear from someone who actually has the issue and has been through it for long enough to know the ins & outs.

Jenn =)

Oh, and Leanna - should you decide to open your own modeling agency or pinup website, I'll be happy to do west coast photos for you!! (modeling and I are not necessarily friends, hence the funkiness of my photos in my albums, lol). =)

I do want to add one more thing... as a future shrink, and speaking from experience, if you have any mental health issues - be it depression (even mild depression), anxiety, ocd, etc - those issues need to be treated the same way you would treat any medical issue. These are chemical issues in the brain that can be treated quite well and quite quickly, and when not treated, can and will sabotage other health issues, including weight loss. When you take care of yourself, you have to take care of body, mind and soul.

I have recently been to the doctors and starting medication for my thyroid. I am hoping this may help with weight loss, depression, tiredness etc. I have tried anti depressants before but to be honest they didnt work and I dont want to get hooked on medication, battling the deamons the best way buy keeping strong and positive. Its been harder than normal being out of work but keeping my chin up. My thyroid medication may make a difference towards this anyways!

Helps having all of you lot to chat to when things get tough and need some help and advice!!!

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service