Hey Ladies,

I feel like so often we get to know one another a little here online but not well enough. A Vintage page I am apart of on Facebook did this and it was really fun!

Your significant other can be your partner, your husband, your wife, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your children, your pets whatever it is share it! Tell us how you met or got this significant other, why they are so special and how do they deal with your fashion obsession with PUG and Pinup related goodies.

I will start with mine. 

This is Josh.

We met at a Horror Convention over 2 years ago, his Blue eyes and bone structure got my attention. Though I obviously scared him because I literally had to wave him down and go talk to him as every time I would get close to him he would run off. It was hilarious and I still tease him about it to this day. We totally hit it off and it was a whirl wind relationship with its ups and downs, break ups and make ups. We are still together today and he is my best friend. 

People often think we are brother and sister because we are built the same, have dark hair, light eyes, cheek bones and big lips, but we aren't... maybe we are just a tad narcissistic. We are both artists and have a passion for film, so he understands my obsession with fashion and clothes. Though he finds it hard to deal with how much stuff I have, and how little I get rid of things. I have an entire room dedicated to my clothing, design and make-up that he helped me paint, so I would say he is supportive. 

We are currently engaged, with no date since weddings are expensive and we both have to save. This is my significant other, until we finally get a dog ;). 

<3 

Micheline

Views: 9816

Replies to This Discussion

I'm getting two of them custom made for me..and really two custom made dresses with matching headbands and veils is a super good deal. I am soooo excited for them!

I've been with my husband, Derek, for 8 years now. We've been married for 4 of those years. He is two years younger than me.. we actually went to the same school, but didn't get to know each other until several years after graduating. We met at Low Places (a country bar), when I was there with my friend & her husband. Turns out my friend's husband & Derek were friends, so he came over to say hi to him, and we ended up talking. We dated for 6 months, and then Derek moved to Mississippi, which he was planning on doing before we started dating. We went a year doing the long distance thing, video chats and phone calls. And I was able to go visit him one time while he lived down there. The plan was for me to eventually move to Mississippi as well, but then Hurricane Katrina went through, and ruined everything. Derek ended up moving back to Pennsylvania, and we moved in together. We had a lot of trust issues in the beginning, but have since worked through them (it was mostly our own hang ups, not anything the other person was doing). We don't have any kids yet, just two fur babies, a Boston Terrier, and a Saint Bernard. Derek & I fit each other perfectly. I'm a lucky girl to have him! He doesn't get my love for retro clothing, or the pinup world. But that's ok, we don't have to like all of the same things. :)

I met my fiance almost 12 years ago when I first attended Columbia College Chicago for Film.  His dad was actually teaching the class I was in and he was shadowing his father and team teaching the class. Throughout college I was his teacher's assistant for a few of his classes.  He always made it a point to make fun of me and loved that I could dish it back to him. :) Besides that, there weren't any sparks or anything between us (or at least we didn't pay attention to it).  I graduated in 2005 and moved to Oregon.  We occasionally kept in touch over the years and after 3 years of being away, I came back to visit Chicago for New Years to visit friends/family and he and I decided to meet up. There was something definitely there this time but once again neither of us were intelligent enough to see it, but I had felt like something was missing when I left the city.  August of that year (2008), he asked for me to come visit and instead of the 5 day visit I was planning on, it turned into 2 weeks.  I ended up going back to LA (had only been there 3 months) for only 3 days before he asked me to come back and convinced me to freelance (I edit/produce/shoot video/film) between Chicago and LA (which he had done before--he does post production audio for tv/film).  Which ended up turning into freelancing and getting a fulltime job in Chicago and me never leaving again :)  Almost 4 years later, we're engaged and we'll be getting married in October in San Juan Capistrano, CA. :)

We are 12 years apart but we mesh so perfectly and work well together. 

Such a sweet story! and YAY Fellow Columbia College peeps!! I was in the Musical Theater/photography departments before transferring to Brooks for photography.  You and I have lived a lot of similar places just in different orders! 

Been with Tony for almost 5 years, he is my best friend.  I love every moment we share!  Recently got engaged and i cant be happier! getting married next year and cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him <3

My husband, Josh and I met our Junior year of high school through one of my friends...That he was kinda dating. They didn't work out but we remained close all through out high school til we graduated. After high school we went our separate ways.

2 years later my Nephew was born and it was his first Halloween and he was an adorable lion. He was just too cute in his costume I had to show everyone! So I sent a mass text out to everyone. While I was adding people to the list i accidently added Josh. I remember thinking Whoops, but it has been so long I was sure his number would have change by then or he wouldn't of replied to it... Sure enough it was still his number and he replied to it.

We instantly hit it off. We moved out out together after 3 months of dating and we've  been happy ever since. :) He purposed to me last October at Dinseyland in front of the castle as you can see above. We tied the knot in Vegas last December with Elvis! And Josh is now serving in the Air Force.

He's my bestest of best friend and I'm so happy I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

Erik remembers the first time he ever saw me. I was heading to work which happened to be across the street from his work where he worked as a bouncer. He tried to say hello to me and apparently I wouldn't even acknowledge him. What a bitch right, I don't remember it but he remembers how I was wearing my hair, my outfit and which purse I was carrying. He eventually jumped ship and started working at the same place as me where I continued to not be interested in him. We did however slowly become friends through work and after a few years I totally fell in love with him. We got married this year in May.

Attachments:

That looks like a Dolly Couture Dress!  is it one of hers?

It is indeed. It is a Black label silk Beverlywood. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and it was worth every damn expensive cent.

I'm so excited for mine :D I love Dolly Couture!

I met my husband at church.  I grew up in Colorado and was living with my parents after I had returned from living in St. Petersburg, Russia. (I led a very exciting life before moving to Des Moines, IA ;))  My sister was living in Des Moines, IA with her husband and they had just purchased a house when my brother in law was transfered back to Colorado.  Since they could not sell their house because they had just moved into it they asked if I would come live in it while they build up enough equity to sell it.  I said sure.  My intention was to live in Des Moines for a year in my sister's house and then move back to Russia.  Well...one Sunday I decided to visit the church right near the house, I liked it and so I went back.  There was this guy in the choir that was super cute, but I thought for sure that he had to have a girlfriend.  We didn't actually meet for another couple of weeks when he came over and introduced himself to me.  After that we just kind of chatted at church on Sundays, he was super shy and I was suprised that he had come over to talk to me.  A couple of months went by and through a conversation one Sunday evening he let me know that he would like to date me.  We went on our first date on April 29, 2005, about 2 weeks later he told me that he loved me and would like to marry me. I told him that I would have to get back to him :).  I thought about it and realized that I too wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.  We were married on Oct. 29, 2005 exactly 6 months after our first date. 

I love my husband sooooooo much! He loves my vintage style!  Dressing more vintage and doing my hair and makeup in the pin up style is very recent for me (within the last year).  I asked him one day if he liked my this new style on me and he told me he loved it because I look different than all the other girls around, I stand out in a good way ;).  He is cool with me buying all these wonderful clothes as long as he can keep buying his comic book t-shirts, so he gets the dresser while I get the closet.

My husband, Joe, and I met in school when we were 13, started dating when we were 17, and got married when we were almost 25; we celebrated our fourth anniversary this year. We've got a charming son who will be one year old in August, as well as a ferret who is a tiny, bad-tempered princess and a cat who is beautiful but embarrassing. I have a pretty rad family, I have to say. Joe has been my best friend for over half my life, and he is just such a good person. I'm incredibly lucky to have someone who is funny, affectionate, accepting, compassionate, respectful, intelligent, charming, and incredibly loving towards his family and friends. Two months after our son was born, Joe was diagnosed with cancer. Since then he's had surgery, chemo, high-dose chemo, and soon another major surgery. Hopefully that will be the end of this disease for him and for all of us; it's been incredibly challenging for both of us to deal with his illness. But, at the same time, getting through this makes me realize how strong our relationship really is; I think we can survive just about anything, now.

RSS

Members

Discussion Forum

Looking For Vintage Accessories and Clothing Items!!!

Started by Miss Iris Mae. Last reply by Miss Iris Mae Nov 13, 2016. 5 Replies

Hi lovelies!!!If anyone out there is cleaning out their closet and has things they'd like to sell for fairly cheap, I'd love to buy from you! Anything is welcome! Actual vintage things are lovely,…Continue

Tags: please, help, accessories, clothing, iso

What type of Navy is the Monica Dress in Navy Blue? Bright? Darker?

Started by Demimondaine. Last reply by Demimondaine Apr 2, 2016. 2 Replies

I want to add an 'LBD" that isn't black, to my wardrobe.   I just put myself on the waitlist for an XS or S Monica Dress in Navy Blue, however...I'm curious to know, from any of you who have this…Continue

Nameless Dress

Started by Laura L.. Last reply by Laura L. Nov 28, 2015. 2 Replies

Hi all,This dress was posted on facebook a while back but when I enquired, it was no longer for sale and no name was provided. I'd like to track it down on ebay - can somebody name this dress?thank…Continue

Favourite products?

Started by Fi Fi La Roux. Last reply by Miss Iris Mae Jun 4, 2015. 3 Replies

I've gone makeup free (zit on the chin and all!) except my mascara to showcase how good it is - it makes even the stubbiest little lashes gigantic! It's "They're real" by Benefit. People often ask me…Continue

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service