Hey Ladies,

I feel like so often we get to know one another a little here online but not well enough. A Vintage page I am apart of on Facebook did this and it was really fun!

Your significant other can be your partner, your husband, your wife, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your children, your pets whatever it is share it! Tell us how you met or got this significant other, why they are so special and how do they deal with your fashion obsession with PUG and Pinup related goodies.

I will start with mine. 

This is Josh.

We met at a Horror Convention over 2 years ago, his Blue eyes and bone structure got my attention. Though I obviously scared him because I literally had to wave him down and go talk to him as every time I would get close to him he would run off. It was hilarious and I still tease him about it to this day. We totally hit it off and it was a whirl wind relationship with its ups and downs, break ups and make ups. We are still together today and he is my best friend. 

People often think we are brother and sister because we are built the same, have dark hair, light eyes, cheek bones and big lips, but we aren't... maybe we are just a tad narcissistic. We are both artists and have a passion for film, so he understands my obsession with fashion and clothes. Though he finds it hard to deal with how much stuff I have, and how little I get rid of things. I have an entire room dedicated to my clothing, design and make-up that he helped me paint, so I would say he is supportive. 

We are currently engaged, with no date since weddings are expensive and we both have to save. This is my significant other, until we finally get a dog ;). 

<3 

Micheline

Views: 9816

Replies to This Discussion

I agree...

Miss Blaise

Thanks for your honesty and I <3 that you have found happiness with two loves. 

Here is my boyfriend, Matt. Our 1 year anniversary is in 2 weeks & it has been wonderful since day 1! He actually hired me to do hair for a photoshoot last March & then he continued to hire me from then on. I was always thinking business & had no idea that he had a crush on me! Then last July on a Tuesday night I was out for dinner had a couple glasses of wine & wanted to continue the party, so I text several people that I knew didn't have 9-5 jobs & lived near me. He was one of them & he go back to me first. We have been stuck like glue ever since :)

I am the first girl he has ever brought home to his parents back in Maryland (we live in California) & the first girl he has had to make living adjustments for lol! He is very OCD with organization & I am not...and I have a LOT of stuff. He may get frustrated at times, but he will pick up my outfits and hang them up after I leave for a gig so I always come home to a tidy room. I knew that when we started dating I had to test him to see if he could deal with my fashion overload, so I showed up to one of our first dates decked out in heels & a mini skirt. He is the same height as me without heels, so I needed to see how he would react. He loved it & thought it was so hot! When he saw me done up all pinup he was even more excited!! Whenever I come home from an event with my heels on, my hair big, & eyelashes on he gets a big grin on his face. I don't doll myself up everyday, but he still calls me beautiful all the time.

You all look gorgeous! I wont put a picture up as I feel I cannot compete! But I am currently "engaged" (no ring yet lol) to the man of my dreams (Dan) who sadly lives over 3 hours away from me. We met online while I was going through a rough patch with my ex (the father of my children) and he was a shoulder to cry on when the ex finally packed his bags and moved out. 3 months later we met up in person and we've been together ever since. I don't actually own any PUG clothing yet but Dan is determined to buy me my first - I'm making him wait til I've lost the last bit of my pregnancy belly though! We are both incredibly into punk and rock and roll and he is a music promoter so he fully embraces my love of vintage and retro because he says that it's a part of me and with my punk rock attitude, I carry it off incredibly well! We have a mutual love of comics, superhero's and dinosaurs and when we're together we are so geeky it's unreal - he also gets on really well with my kids and sometimes he's a better parent than I am! We hope to live together/nearer each other sometime within the next few months and we plan to get a cat or three to complete our little family :)

I'm sure you're beautiful!  I have also gained a bunch of weight I haven't lost since having my babies, but in the past few months I have been putting more of an effort into dressing up and buying clothes that fit properly and I feel so much better!  

You deserve to feel great no matter what imperfections you may have!

So far I have only purchased swimwear, but I'm hoping tips are good this weekend so I can get a dress.  I love all of the kitschy prints!

I had a really rough year last year, I lost a child through late miscarriage, my ex walked out on us, we became homeless, my dad became paralyzed... I think I was so busy trying to keep everything together that I lost who I was a little bit. But now things are getting better, the sun is finally shining as we hit a typical british summer (rain mostly!) and I'm feeling pretty good about myself, so I want to start making an effort again. I've banished the baggy sweaters and jogging bottoms and I've had a hair cut that's easy to work with, so gradually the rockabilly side of me is coming out again :) Time to look to the future and start feeling fabulous again! :)

What a neat thread (which I had initially typed as threat oops!)

I'm Sandy, and I'm 30 years old currently residing in what I think is the coldest location with a large population: Winnipeg Manitoba (literally 8 hours North of Minneapolis). I met my fiance, Andy (yep we're Sandy-Andy as my 96 year old Grandma calls us) online- on a dating website called Plenty of Fish- it was plenty full of creeps until I met him :) We had one date and pretty much just saw each-other as much as possible. Andy is very much into cars (his dream car is a 1965 Shelby Cobra), video games, cats, star wars,tattoos, macaroons: a very complimentary selection of interests to mine. We both had been married before, which is why/how I ended up in Canada from Los Angeles (Santa Monica) California- I was literally about to put my condo for sale and move back in with my mom, thankfully I didn't :)

Andy is really, really awesome with everything: he fully supports my growing PUG dress collection, my ever expanding and never dwindling shoe collection- he'll even contribute to them, especially to my Sanrio addiction in that I was surprised with a pair of Sanrio Edition Asic running shoes, Dr Martens, Vans..for no reason other than I would like them :) I really have the best time every single day with him, whether it's me ordering something online while he plays the latest Walking Dead release, or I'll play pokemon rumble on my ds. 

We've got 6 (yep you've read that right) cats known as Los Gatos Locos: Basil Von Cattenburgh, Liam Longbottom, Mortimer Mayhem, Penny Schmitten, Finlay Jarvis, and Watson Ebeneezer. We also have Rolo the Wonderpup, a 6 and a half year old Great Pyrenees. We have zero interest or plans in children, and the fur farm fill any space left in our hearts and time :)

Andy proposed last year in September with our pooch (he put the ring on her collar), and we are planning a summer (August 2013) wedding here in Winnipeg at a historic fur trading fort- the wedding is mixed of elements we love: star wars, zombies, our fur farm, the pittsburgh steelers (namely black/gold/mustard/ivory for colors) and poutine! (fries and gravy?! yes please!)

LOL .. Love the poutine on the wedding menu :) Very Canadian of you! Can't wait to see pictures from the wedding after hearing you talk about it in chat, sounds amazing!

we're getting married in August 2013 too :) congratulations!

have you looked @ dress by Dolly Couture??? she's amazing! my mom ordered 2 of them for me :X

they're at the moment being made! I absolutely am obsessed with Dolly's designs. she is amazing!

one dress is going to be an altered/customized Miami Beach (it's a special occasion dress)- that will be sleeved, black lace with a gold satin underneath and gold petticoat/underskirt. the 2nd dress is a customized Beverly dress in gold satin with a black underskirt/petticoat. I am soooo excited. I had the absolute most amazing time visiting her show-room in April!

my bridesmaid (only have one, who is maid of muppet) is getting a gold version of the 'Maggie' dress which is apart of their derby collection. 

get both! :) I couldn't decide between the two and my mom just said, we're getting both! you're technically having two ceremonies :) do it!

eep. I always forget how expensive wedding dress can be after Dolly's prices!

both dresses with headbands/veil thing were about 1800. I have a feeling it's going to be super hard to have them here in the closet since the wedding isnt until August next year! I'm guessing Andy will come home one day to find me in them :x

good luck with the sample! :D I've relied on etsy quite a bit for ideas and vendors (decorations like cake toppers etc) our wedding is very vintage chic mixed in with star wars and zombies.

I wore a Dolly dress on my wedding day. I felt so beautiful it was worth every penny. You can always find them slightly used to on once wed, the best site where I found mine for 400 opposed to 1000 or ebay.

RSS

Members

Discussion Forum

Looking For Vintage Accessories and Clothing Items!!!

Started by Miss Iris Mae. Last reply by Miss Iris Mae Nov 13, 2016. 5 Replies

Hi lovelies!!!If anyone out there is cleaning out their closet and has things they'd like to sell for fairly cheap, I'd love to buy from you! Anything is welcome! Actual vintage things are lovely,…Continue

Tags: please, help, accessories, clothing, iso

What type of Navy is the Monica Dress in Navy Blue? Bright? Darker?

Started by Demimondaine. Last reply by Demimondaine Apr 2, 2016. 2 Replies

I want to add an 'LBD" that isn't black, to my wardrobe.   I just put myself on the waitlist for an XS or S Monica Dress in Navy Blue, however...I'm curious to know, from any of you who have this…Continue

Nameless Dress

Started by Laura L.. Last reply by Laura L. Nov 28, 2015. 2 Replies

Hi all,This dress was posted on facebook a while back but when I enquired, it was no longer for sale and no name was provided. I'd like to track it down on ebay - can somebody name this dress?thank…Continue

Favourite products?

Started by Fi Fi La Roux. Last reply by Miss Iris Mae Jun 4, 2015. 3 Replies

I've gone makeup free (zit on the chin and all!) except my mascara to showcase how good it is - it makes even the stubbiest little lashes gigantic! It's "They're real" by Benefit. People often ask me…Continue

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service