Hey Ladies,

I feel like so often we get to know one another a little here online but not well enough. A Vintage page I am apart of on Facebook did this and it was really fun!

Your significant other can be your partner, your husband, your wife, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your children, your pets whatever it is share it! Tell us how you met or got this significant other, why they are so special and how do they deal with your fashion obsession with PUG and Pinup related goodies.

I will start with mine. 

This is Josh.

We met at a Horror Convention over 2 years ago, his Blue eyes and bone structure got my attention. Though I obviously scared him because I literally had to wave him down and go talk to him as every time I would get close to him he would run off. It was hilarious and I still tease him about it to this day. We totally hit it off and it was a whirl wind relationship with its ups and downs, break ups and make ups. We are still together today and he is my best friend. 

People often think we are brother and sister because we are built the same, have dark hair, light eyes, cheek bones and big lips, but we aren't... maybe we are just a tad narcissistic. We are both artists and have a passion for film, so he understands my obsession with fashion and clothes. Though he finds it hard to deal with how much stuff I have, and how little I get rid of things. I have an entire room dedicated to my clothing, design and make-up that he helped me paint, so I would say he is supportive. 

We are currently engaged, with no date since weddings are expensive and we both have to save. This is my significant other, until we finally get a dog ;). 

<3 

Micheline

Views: 9816

Replies to This Discussion

Sean and I started chatting three years ago on a dating website. We started friendly chatter as he had a teenager from previous relationship and I wanted nothing to do with kids and that stuff, thinking it would bring drama. Well needless to say that all changed when we went out with a group of friends and hung out. And his kid Spencer is so awesome too. We all share our love of b rated horror movies and halloween.

I knew he was the one when 2 years ago my Mom suddenly passed, it was the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with as we were VERY close. He has helped me so much (thank goodness he is a psychology major lol) but seriously, he's amazing. 3 years later we are still going strong :)

This is Collin. He is my best friend and the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. He writes Mac and iOS software for a living and as a former Apple Genius we go together like peas in a pod. We met online over a year and half ago and have lived together for almost a year. He is so supportive in anything I want to do from photography to learning how to to graphics for iOS icons and apps. He has been so sweet taking care of me after I broke my arm in 5 places this spring.  He is a bit of a fashion nut too (think like a modern Steve McQueen of JFK)  He totally understands my desire for well crafted classic pieces. We both love design and vintage things. We are in the process of creating our own Mid-century house to share with our two Long Haired Dachshund Puppies (Abalard and Macintosh) 

OMG your pups are ADORABLE. My in-laws are exclusive dachshund lovers and your brown one looks just like one of theirs! So cute :)

Aww thank you. We are big doxie fans here too. They just have such amazing personalities. 

OMG...love the dogs mini doxies are the best.  I love Mac, too...

Great post,

Miss Blaise

His name is Mike, my best friend, my significant other. We met 2 and a half years ago on new years 2010! I met him through a mutual friend of ours who lived right across the street from him. He was a pretty wild guy when I first met him, yet shy whenever we spoke. I guess I made him nervous. ;) Since the day we met he asked me to be his girl, but I always told him no. I felt he was just too much, too crazy for me! I don't drink, I was not much of a club goer, Although I love to dance! and he was always out and about drinking with the guys. Anytime I went to visit our mutual friend, suddenly Mike would show up minutes later. Funny how that would always happen. Anyhow, Mike always had a way of putting me on the spot. There would be a group of people and he would suddenly stop talking, turn to me and ask me in front of everyone to be his girl. I of course was so nervous and embarrassed I would respond NO! I finally told him if you really are interested in me, how about we go out by ourselves and get to know each other. So we did. He took me on a ride on his motorcycle and we spent hours together just talking about anything and everything. He made laugh the whole time! I remember my cheeks hurting by the end of the night because of how much I was smiling. That night I knew he was the one for me! After 5 months of him asking me to be his girl, He asked me to be his one more time and I finally said YES! Since then, we have been inseparable. He's extremely supportive, lovable, adorable, romantic, funny, caring, I can go on and on! He's WONDERFUL and he's mine! Mike has known that I have been sort of a vintage enthusiast since I was a young teen, and is very supportive about it. Since finding PUG I have been so obsessed! Although, when he see's me on the PUG website he gives me that look! ...He always tells me to get whatever I want (as long as our budget agrees as well). I love this man of mine! :) I can't imagine my life without him! 

His name is Jorge. We met in the 3rd grade, we were soccer buddies I always made him laugh. In the 6th grade he wrote me a love letter and asked me to be his girlfriend. I freaked out I wasn't into dating so I stopped talking to him. We lost touch all throughout high school but always heard about one another. We reconnected through facebook nov 2010. Right away it was like those day in soccer again. We just clicked as if we had never lost touch. We went to shows, we went on adventures he was crazy supportive of all my endevours. He told me he's never stopped loving me. He asked me out again a few times and finally I said yes, dont know why it took so long I doubt people a lot. He's my best friend and 1 year and two months (today our day =])after the day I said yes he still looks at me like the first day we saw eachother again. He's down to mob with me to shops when I get excited about the smallest things that I must have and waits patiently while I do my make up..but I wait patiently while he does his hair so it goes both ways =]. Im very quiet and hes very extroverted because of him I have met artists I love but am too shy to introduce myself to, he tells people about my art with such enthusiam I finally got the guts to be a featured artist at a live painting even thanks to his support. I just fell in love with him all over again ..aww lol =]

Congratulations on your engagement Micheline!

My loves are my husband Josh and my pups, Zoey and Bowser. We met over 6 years ago at the video game company we both work at. We had so much in common, music, comics, games, and movies. Our first date was eating ramen and watching Final Fantasy: Advent Children! I think what attracted me most to him was his incredibly sweet and mellow disposition (whereas I'm super high strung and fast paced).

We were married in March 2009 where I was fortunate to have the fabulous Micheline do my wedding makeup!

What I love most about him is his open mindedness; we are always adventuring together, and our favorite place is Disneyland! 

And here's our pups!

OMG You are dressed as Finn/Fionna how adorable are you!
AND it says adventure in the background!!

OMG right now, I love you times 1000 because you know what my costume was! I was Fionna and it was awesome! And the "Adventure" sign behind was a total coincidence, I swear! I didn't even notice it until my friend brought it up hahaha

Love the topic hun! 

Well I met my other half on a random day.. its true when they say when you least expect it, its when they come into your life! One day I stopped by my friends house to drop off a dress, when I see several guys outside her house, some I knew but the rest I didn't even pay attention too && he was one of the few whom I ignored! couple weeks later my friends tells me some guy thinks I was really cute && he goes by the nickname 'Deos'.. I was like what kinda of name is that?!!! lol then couple weeks passed, me & her were bored one day & she asked me if I wanted to meet this 'Deos' guy... so we met up with him && two of his other friends..  &it all went from there!  Now he's my love, friend, my other half ,<3 

&& when it comes to my vintage fashion obsession, well lets just say he contributes sometimes in adding to my collection ;) So I'm one lucky Doll!

This is my husband Mark and our 3  beautiful boys.  We have been together since high school.  I was 15.  We will have been married 21 years this November and we have been together for 26 years.  I love him to bits.  We are best friends and we too used to get mistaken as siblings.  In fact I went to school with his brother and everyone thought we were related.  He hates shopping so loves the fact I can window shop online and he doesn't have to wait outside shops.  He lasts about half hour max.  Our boys seem to have inherited this trait.  I can usually scope a shop out in less than 10 minutes.  The quicker I am the more I get to see.  He rolls his eyes when I am trolling the site but is very supportive when it comes to purchasing.  He's usually the one who encourages me to press the buy button.  I found the site when I was looking for a dress for my 40th 2 years ago.  I bought the Greta and when it arrived and I tried it on he convinced me to wear it to his brother's 40th and to buy another dress from the site for my 40th later in the year.  What a darling!  He's a musician and has been playing guitar for many years in different bands and I have accompanied him in my many fashion guises over the years... boho chick, rock chick and now PUG chick.  We also have a border collie called Raggie.

RSS

Members

Discussion Forum

Looking For Vintage Accessories and Clothing Items!!!

Started by Miss Iris Mae. Last reply by Miss Iris Mae Nov 13, 2016. 5 Replies

Hi lovelies!!!If anyone out there is cleaning out their closet and has things they'd like to sell for fairly cheap, I'd love to buy from you! Anything is welcome! Actual vintage things are lovely,…Continue

Tags: please, help, accessories, clothing, iso

What type of Navy is the Monica Dress in Navy Blue? Bright? Darker?

Started by Demimondaine. Last reply by Demimondaine Apr 2, 2016. 2 Replies

I want to add an 'LBD" that isn't black, to my wardrobe.   I just put myself on the waitlist for an XS or S Monica Dress in Navy Blue, however...I'm curious to know, from any of you who have this…Continue

Nameless Dress

Started by Laura L.. Last reply by Laura L. Nov 28, 2015. 2 Replies

Hi all,This dress was posted on facebook a while back but when I enquired, it was no longer for sale and no name was provided. I'd like to track it down on ebay - can somebody name this dress?thank…Continue

Favourite products?

Started by Fi Fi La Roux. Last reply by Miss Iris Mae Jun 4, 2015. 3 Replies

I've gone makeup free (zit on the chin and all!) except my mascara to showcase how good it is - it makes even the stubbiest little lashes gigantic! It's "They're real" by Benefit. People often ask me…Continue

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service