Hey Ladies,

I feel like so often we get to know one another a little here online but not well enough. A Vintage page I am apart of on Facebook did this and it was really fun!

Your significant other can be your partner, your husband, your wife, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your children, your pets whatever it is share it! Tell us how you met or got this significant other, why they are so special and how do they deal with your fashion obsession with PUG and Pinup related goodies.

I will start with mine. 

This is Josh.

We met at a Horror Convention over 2 years ago, his Blue eyes and bone structure got my attention. Though I obviously scared him because I literally had to wave him down and go talk to him as every time I would get close to him he would run off. It was hilarious and I still tease him about it to this day. We totally hit it off and it was a whirl wind relationship with its ups and downs, break ups and make ups. We are still together today and he is my best friend. 

People often think we are brother and sister because we are built the same, have dark hair, light eyes, cheek bones and big lips, but we aren't... maybe we are just a tad narcissistic. We are both artists and have a passion for film, so he understands my obsession with fashion and clothes. Though he finds it hard to deal with how much stuff I have, and how little I get rid of things. I have an entire room dedicated to my clothing, design and make-up that he helped me paint, so I would say he is supportive. 

We are currently engaged, with no date since weddings are expensive and we both have to save. This is my significant other, until we finally get a dog ;). 

<3 

Micheline

Views: 9816

Replies to This Discussion

My husband Ryan & I went to H.S. together but never met back then.  It wasn't until years later I went to the local dive bar for a beer close to home that I met him.  After being introduced to some of his friends I was suprised to find that I knew most of them from school and that we had never met.  We didn't really like each other at first.  I was a bit full of myself back then and couldn't beleive that this skinny twerp was blowing ME off...lol  His room-mate and him had a bet going for a bit over who could 'get' me first.  After a couple weeks his room-mate called off the bet because he realized that 1) I wasn't 'that' kind of girl, I was actually a nice girl. And 2.) he could see that Ryan was falling for me.

We've been married for 10 years this month and have two beautiful kids.  He really is an amazing man and after 12 years together he still never fails to make me laugh.  It didn't take much for him to embrace my love of all things vintage.  He gets excited to see my fun garage sale/thrift shop/antique store finds and has requests of his own when he knows I'll be out and about.  If the situation calls for it he'll gladly dress the part.  The second pic of him in is suit is kinda his pride and joy.  He wore it to a wedding, minus the wig (at the request of the groom) and the bride had a fit not realizing I was right behind her (which was silly since I was her photographer!). 

Ah! It is so exciting to see everyone's loves!!!
This is my guy and I on Halloween a few years ago- we are engaged, he proposed on our 3 yr. anniversary in May.

He is my best friend, he constantly makes me laugh. 

We met at an impromptu campfire when I was a senior in college, and had lived with one of his good friends all year. (I secretly think she didn't introduce us because she was keeping him on the backburner) He asked me out the next week, we went on a date and didn't say goodnight for 5 days, when I left for Germany for a month.

He is smart, funny, passionate about learning and WAY more talented than he gives himself credit for. 

I'm so excited to have our big party in the woods with all of our family and friends to show everyone- HEY! This crazy is in the family now! 

Micheline, this is such a wonderful post and congrats on the engagement! How exciting!!! People think my boyfriend and I are brother and sister as well!!!

Anyways, here’s how we met 7 years ago:

My boyfriend, Mike Schwartz, and I met on November 5, 2005, at Beauty Bar in downtown Las Vegas. Our mutual friend Sophia introduced us that evening. As my friends and I were about to leave Beauty Bar, I spotted him and gave him a BIG hug (I had a few drinks in my system. HEHE!) and I said, “Find me on Myspace!” I do not remember that part at all, but Mike swears I said it. I’m such a goober! Anyways... I was not supposed to go out that night, but my friends dragged me. I’m glad they did because I would never have met my future best friend, boyfriend, lover, and soul mate. 

We started messaging each other back and forth on Myspace (remember that social networking site?). Then finally he asked me out on a date. Let me tell you, I didn't let him kiss me till a month after our 1st date. HAHA! I wanted to know if he was a good guy and would wait. He is and he did.

We clicked right away! We both are “old souls," so he's definitely okay with my obsession with PUG and other pinup goodies. We love going to VIVA every year, since we live in Vegas! We also share the love of art, dressing up for Halloween, food, God, going to concerts, listening to music, travelling, etc...

He is definitely a keeper! He has such a wonderful heart and is the sweetest guy! I feel very lucky to be with him. The next chapters in our relationship include marriage & children. Can't wait!

Cute story!

This is such a great post! And I always love an excuse to talk about my story!

My significant other is my husband Steve. We've been married for 3 years (in 3 weeks!!) and I've known him since I was 17. We were friends for about 2 years and he had another girlfriend. I was in love with him as soon as I saw him and I later found out that it was the same for him. I was so happy when he broke up with his girlfriend (does that make me a bad person?) and we started dating around 6 weeks later. We haven't looked back since. We were together for about 9 months before we got engaged <3 The best day of my life was when we got married - I was 20 and he was 24. We always have so much fun together and loves that I got into pinup girl!

We are out dancing in this picture... I love it because I feel it captures our marriage in a photo!

My boyfriend Nick and I in Las Vegas. We met 2 years ago through a mutual friend. I immediately had a crush on him. You know how it is when someone just looks at you and says hi and you get butterflies? That's what happened to me. He's funny, a talented screenplay writer, computer genius, and he let's me be exactly who I am. They say there aren't a lot of good ones out there, but that's because the lucky few of us snatched them up! He's in China for 3 months for work right now and I can't wait for him to come home.

What a beautiful couple! Your hair looks fantastic in this photo, by the way.

Thank you! :D

My Fiance Kelly...we will be married in 92 days!!!

Attachments:

This is my other half ^_^

We met five years ago now, he was acting in a play a mutual friend had written, and when we met afterwards at the wrap party we got along famously.

We have a lot in common: a love of film, books, theatre, music, travel, food & wine. We both work with rare books, as well as running a theatre company together (he writes & directs while I handle the visual design and manage the productions).  He loves the way that I choose to dress, and is incredibly supportive of all facets of my creativity (as I hope I am of his!) but can be a little daunted by the sheer amount of clothing/accessories that I own....we recently moved from the small city we had called home for the last few years, into the countryside where our neighbours are mostly cows and horses ^_^ One of the most exciting elements of the move has been that I now have an entire room to call my wardrobe!! Oh and also, the possibility of finally being able to give a pet a good home!

He really is the centre of my world & my bestest friend ^_^

Lucky girl!  My husband doesn't understand fashion at all and I'd be scared of what he brought home for me to wear!

I have been with my boyfriend Sean for 5 years.  We have been living together for 2 of those years with our cat, Phoenix, aka Miss Kitty.  We call her that because she's very proper and ladylike.

We both love comic books, video games, and horror movies, and we met in a comic book store.  He managed the local store in my neighborhood, and our relationship got off to a very slow start when I began shopping there.  After we started getting to know each other he began to hold copies of books for me that were going to sell out, and starting giving me a staff discount on my purchases.  The ladies in my office only knew him as 'The Comic Book Guy', and would ask me every week if I had asked him out yet.  (I'm pretty shy and introverted, so I wasn't planning on doing that, I wanted him to ask me.)  After a lot of badgering and threatening to do it for me from the ladies, I finally got the balls to go ask him out.  He actually said yes, and we have been together ever since. 

I am just starting to get into the PUG fashion and lifestyle, and he is all about it.  He's a graphic designer and illustrator, and has always loved pin-up photos and art.  And of course he loves seeing me in those clothes too!  Which is nice because I am a little larger and not overly confident about the way I look.  These clothes and the people online have helped me embrace my curves and become more comfortable in my own skin, and Sean sees that.

I don't have any photos of us on my laptop, so I won't be posting one.

RSS

Members

Discussion Forum

Looking For Vintage Accessories and Clothing Items!!!

Started by Miss Iris Mae. Last reply by Miss Iris Mae Nov 13, 2016. 5 Replies

Hi lovelies!!!If anyone out there is cleaning out their closet and has things they'd like to sell for fairly cheap, I'd love to buy from you! Anything is welcome! Actual vintage things are lovely,…Continue

Tags: please, help, accessories, clothing, iso

What type of Navy is the Monica Dress in Navy Blue? Bright? Darker?

Started by Demimondaine. Last reply by Demimondaine Apr 2, 2016. 2 Replies

I want to add an 'LBD" that isn't black, to my wardrobe.   I just put myself on the waitlist for an XS or S Monica Dress in Navy Blue, however...I'm curious to know, from any of you who have this…Continue

Nameless Dress

Started by Laura L.. Last reply by Laura L. Nov 28, 2015. 2 Replies

Hi all,This dress was posted on facebook a while back but when I enquired, it was no longer for sale and no name was provided. I'd like to track it down on ebay - can somebody name this dress?thank…Continue

Favourite products?

Started by Fi Fi La Roux. Last reply by Miss Iris Mae Jun 4, 2015. 3 Replies

I've gone makeup free (zit on the chin and all!) except my mascara to showcase how good it is - it makes even the stubbiest little lashes gigantic! It's "They're real" by Benefit. People often ask me…Continue

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service