Hey Ladies,

I feel like so often we get to know one another a little here online but not well enough. A Vintage page I am apart of on Facebook did this and it was really fun!

Your significant other can be your partner, your husband, your wife, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your children, your pets whatever it is share it! Tell us how you met or got this significant other, why they are so special and how do they deal with your fashion obsession with PUG and Pinup related goodies.

I will start with mine. 

This is Josh.

We met at a Horror Convention over 2 years ago, his Blue eyes and bone structure got my attention. Though I obviously scared him because I literally had to wave him down and go talk to him as every time I would get close to him he would run off. It was hilarious and I still tease him about it to this day. We totally hit it off and it was a whirl wind relationship with its ups and downs, break ups and make ups. We are still together today and he is my best friend. 

People often think we are brother and sister because we are built the same, have dark hair, light eyes, cheek bones and big lips, but we aren't... maybe we are just a tad narcissistic. We are both artists and have a passion for film, so he understands my obsession with fashion and clothes. Though he finds it hard to deal with how much stuff I have, and how little I get rid of things. I have an entire room dedicated to my clothing, design and make-up that he helped me paint, so I would say he is supportive. 

We are currently engaged, with no date since weddings are expensive and we both have to save. This is my significant other, until we finally get a dog ;). 

<3 

Micheline

Views: 9816

Replies to This Discussion

My hot roddin' husband. We met by mistake and married on purpose.

This is James! I met him last October while trying to find some new photographers to work with. I absolutely loved his eye, and he nestled a spot in my brain for quite a few months before I took the plunge to hangout with him and "shoot". We didn't end up shooting. He came over for a weekend and after that I just knew that he was someone I wanted in my life. 

James understands my passion for vintage fashion and finds it sexy and awesome. He's everything I've ever wanted and is so supportive of my modeling and I just couldn't ask for a better man. <3.

My husband and I. We meet a couple years ago when we were both in the Navy and spent an entire deployment being mean to our division together. We were always together and since we are both short and brown, we got compared as siblings all the time. Since then, I've gotten out and we transferred to San Diego where we spend our days spoiling my cat to death. I've gained a lot of weight since we met and had a sharp drop in self esteem, so he loves that I feel so great in PUG and supports my horrible spending habits when we can afford it.

This is my hubby Lucas.  We met when we were 16.  He came to my prom (from a town 2 hours away) with a friend of mine.  They weren't dating, just friends, so he was fair game.  :-)  We got married in 2004 and the rest is history.  He went to art school majoring in furniture design.  He is so talented and his artistry and skills blow me away on a daily basis. I've only started getting into pin up/vintage/retro styles over the last year.  Mad Men started it for me (the pic above is us at a Mad Men party) - we watched the first 4 or 5 seasons in about 2 weeks last summer haha.  I think the fact that I've lost 80 lbs in the last 2 years has helped as well.  My hourglass figure has come out from under the fluff.  :-) Luckily Lucas goes along with my new style pretty well - he's even been rocking a fedora lately (rawr!).  I think he likes seeing me dressed differently than other girls.  He's even made comments like "I saw a girl today and you would have liked her dress because...."  

We live in Minneapolis, MN.  We don't have kids - and don't want kids - our kids are 3 little 10 pound canines named Vinci, Basil and Chuck (she's a girl).  They're Italian Greyhounds.  We enjoy hanging out with our dogs, traveling, and trying new restaurants.  And we're super psyched to be attending our first Viva Las Vegas in 2013!

What a great story..

Miss Stacy Blaise

Aw I didn't realize you were engaged I feel silly! Congratulations and I love this idea for a thread!

This is Doug and I! We went to preschool and kindergarten together but officially met in middle school but we didn't really talk much. Then in high school we had french together but he switched classes and his older brother joined my class. So for most of our schooling together I knew him as Kips younger bother. We recently reconnected over facebook and realized we had a lot in common: comics, horror movies, sense of humor ect ect. Our first date was last December at Laura (The Overlord) 's birthday! So from the start he knew of my obsession. Slowly I think his own personal taste and style is starting to cross over to the PUG side lol! Im hoping to bring him with me to VIVA next year. He makes me a better person and I couldnt ask for a better mate <3

You two are so adorable!!! 

I met my fiance Gustavo Carbonari Cocarelli in Feb 2009...we had mutual friends and he randomly decided to add me on Myspace. We talked for a while, then decided to meet up finally for a date at the park near my house. We hit it off immediately, he was an absolute gentleman. He was nervous around me, and it was adorable. I remember at the end of our date he asked if he could give me a hug...that was the sweetest thing ever to me that he would even ask that. Later that night he called and asked to see me again and we went to a party at this art gallery. We took things very slow and it paid off. Hes now in the Air Force...we have been together almost 4 years, 2 have been long distance since he left.. And we are finally getting married at the beginning of August before he leaves for the UK. Soon I will move there with him and I can't wait for our new journey together! (first photo was our first date, they had a photo booth at the art gallery....2nd photo is a current picture of us :) )

Attachments:
This is Tristan. We met when he was 16 and I was 17. I saw him at a local hardcore punk show and was drawn to him immediately. At the time I was really into the whole street punk look (patches and studs everywhere). He had bleach blonde hair and tan skin. He was wearing a Germs tshirt with tight black skinny jeans covered in patches. I thought he was so hott. ;D Anyway, I found him on MySpace a few days later and we started hanging out... Almost 4 years later we're best friends and we have a beautiful baby girl. He's an amazing Father and does his best.
Attachments:

He was my buddy in junior high & high school, then he joined the Army after graduation. Two years ago he found me on FB. He was in Afghanistan last year but he broke his foot - he was in LA recuperating and we went out once just to catch up . After he went home to Oklahoma, where he's stationed, he asked me out and even though it's been a long-distance relationship, it's been awesome. His style is very casual - shorts, t-shirt, flip flops. And that's totally cool with me but he absolutely LOVES the way I dress and has made an effort to dress nicely for me. He's definitely "the one"! He's being re-stationed to Hawaii at the end of this year and I'm going with him =D

This is such a cute idea <3

This is me and Kevin, I met him in high school I had a crush on him in the 8th grade, and I remember saying to myself he is going to be my boyfriend. Then the next year we ended up hanging out one day and he asked me to be his girl that same day. I honestly didn't think we were gonna last cause we were in high school and I never had a serious boyfriend before him. BUT! I come to find he was the only one in this small town that understood me, my music, my out look on life, and he didn't think I was weird when I started to find myself, when other people did. Iv been with him for almost 4 years now, we have grown up together have become adults together I cant imagine being with anyone else but him, I know I wont get to experience a one night stand or other people or dating anyone else. But people don't understand im so happy why try to fix something that isn't broken?

Attachments:

This is Mike.  We met at the gym eight years ago and fell in love.  Now we own a MMA gym together and are business partners as well as smug marrieds ;)

He is so wonderful about my PUG obsession.  I first started shopping at PUG right when we started dating (perhaps a connection?) and when we joined our bank accounts, he continued to support my habit.  Now if only you guys would make men's clothing!

RSS

Members

Discussion Forum

Looking For Vintage Accessories and Clothing Items!!!

Started by Miss Iris Mae. Last reply by Miss Iris Mae Nov 13, 2016. 5 Replies

Hi lovelies!!!If anyone out there is cleaning out their closet and has things they'd like to sell for fairly cheap, I'd love to buy from you! Anything is welcome! Actual vintage things are lovely,…Continue

Tags: please, help, accessories, clothing, iso

What type of Navy is the Monica Dress in Navy Blue? Bright? Darker?

Started by Demimondaine. Last reply by Demimondaine Apr 2, 2016. 2 Replies

I want to add an 'LBD" that isn't black, to my wardrobe.   I just put myself on the waitlist for an XS or S Monica Dress in Navy Blue, however...I'm curious to know, from any of you who have this…Continue

Nameless Dress

Started by Laura L.. Last reply by Laura L. Nov 28, 2015. 2 Replies

Hi all,This dress was posted on facebook a while back but when I enquired, it was no longer for sale and no name was provided. I'd like to track it down on ebay - can somebody name this dress?thank…Continue

Favourite products?

Started by Fi Fi La Roux. Last reply by Miss Iris Mae Jun 4, 2015. 3 Replies

I've gone makeup free (zit on the chin and all!) except my mascara to showcase how good it is - it makes even the stubbiest little lashes gigantic! It's "They're real" by Benefit. People often ask me…Continue

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service