I need some help! There are quite a few PUG dresses that I just can't seem to get myself into. The back zipper can be very tricky and don't even get me started on the BPC Alika...those hooks at the top are impossible! 

On the back zippers I can get them about half way up my back and then I reach a point where I can't reach the zipper from the top or the bottom. If my husband is home I end up asking him to zip me up, but on weekday mornings I end up coming to work half dressed and cornering a coworker! :) 

Is a zipper pull the answer? I've thought about trying to attach a lanyard or something to grab on to, but some of the zippers are so small. And the Alika - no ideas there. 

How do you ladies manage? :)

Views: 1580

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thread fishing wire through and use it as a pull. It helps. :)

2 Ideas, either make a wire hook, or attack some kind of cute tassle.

http://a0.omstatic.com/images/uploads/products-cync/cync-n-zip-tass...

Or put the dress on sideways and shimmy it around. :P

I thought that I would go and look up some past topics that I might have missed and then revive them a bit. (Actually seeing the Petticoat thread prompted me to do this.) Anyway, this little issue has also been something that I have had to confront (given my rather unique personal situation.) With zippers that have a hole in them, I just run a long pice of string through the hole. I use my hand to get up the zip as far as possible, then I use the string for the final bit. When the zip has no hole, that is a real problem. I have been know to turn my dress around 180 degrees and then pull the zipper up, and then try to turn it back to the correct position. But this can be quite difficult.

When I have done photo shoots or when shopping with friends, it is always nice to get help from someone trusted. I have told people that what I really need is my own personal dresser. That would do the trick!

I'm quite stretchy/bendable, so I can usually zip the zipper up so far, and then reach down and do it the rest of the way; sometimes it helps to sort of push the centre of the dress upwards to make reaching the zip easier :)  Also, anyone from PUG who's reading this: I much prefer back-zipped dresses/tops, than those who have a zip at the side ending at the armpit, please don't change your dresses :)

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service