I've been a member of this site for a while now, and I just love it! I live in Utah, so sadly, I can't go to the yardsale :(. (Someday I would love to plan an entire vacation around it, though.) I recently had an idea for a yardsale gift exchange between myself and one of you wonderful gals in CA. This is the way I see it working...
I would ask you to find something at the yard sale you think I would like based on info I would send you.. I could send you my phone number if you'd like and you could text me pictures of things you find.
For my gift to you, choose from the following...
- There are a few really great antique stores in my town (one has a huge selection of Pyrex dishes!). I would love to surprise you with something wonderful. You could send me info about your likes/dislikes/etc, or we can text images back and forth so you can be sure you'll get something you like.
- A home-made circle skirt made to fit your measurements made from any fabric of your choosing. It would be similar to the attached image. :)
- Anything from my Etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/shop/DamselDuds?ref=hdr)
- Any fabric (or combination of fabric) from my Mom's Etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/shop/FiresideQuiltingPlus?ref=ss_profile)
As far as money goes, I have 3 ideas...
- We can set a dollar amount and do our best to find things of equal value and trade straight across.
- Or, whoever ends up with the more expensive item can send the monetary difference through Paypal.
- Or, I can send you money via Paypal to pay for what you find + shipping, and then you can send me money for what I find + shipping
Personally I like the first idea best, but I'm definitely open to all 3 :).
Anyone wanna give this a shot? I'm open to suggestions!