VLV 16 was our first and will not be our last - our rooms are already booked for next year. :-) I can't even begin to describe the phenomenon that is Viva Las Vegas. It is literally like being emerged into another culture. The music, the cars, the hair, the clothes, the everything. We got home last night at 2 am and I could not sleep - every time I closed by eyes I dreamt of Viva. It's like a rockabilly hangover!
* Charles Phoenix Slide Show - I was crying laughing.
* Car Show - this goes without saying!
* Fashion Porn - seriously - I am sorry if I was staring at you - I can't help it.
* Watching people dance - so inspired.
* Listening to live music - Si Cranstoun was aweeeesommmeeee.
* Seeing my favorite pin ups in person - Doris, Michelline, Laura, Ashleeta, Ruby - they all are just as lovely in person.
Things to do different next year:
* Bring safety pins (lol)
* Bring a small pair of scissors (lol) - I found the hotel mending kit as we were leaving the room. Doh!
* Sleep more during the day - awake more during the night. It was difficult for us to go "nocturnal". I'll need to bring some Nyquil or Advil PM next year to MAKE me sleep during the day.
* Get better at hair!! Hair is not my strong suit - I can make do but not like some of the girls. Drooool.
* Work on my vintage wardrobe. The actual vintage clothes at Viva are AMAZING. It's difficult for me to find vintage that fits me and I can afford (sorry, but I can't justify paying $300 for a vintage dress).
* Be ready to dance - the dancers are SO GOOD that hubby and I were too shy to dance. But that will change by next year.
PUG got me through Viva - I got alot of compliments on my outfits. I will leave you with a few pics of my Viva PUG wardrobe.
Vamp top w/ Bettie Page skirt
Vamp Top #2
Vamp top again
Heidi dress for the car show
Saturday outfit #2 - Vamp top and Jenny tiki skirt I picked up at the PUG booth!
Looking forward to hearing about other's VLV experiences. We'll be back next year!! Mwah!