At the beginning of the summer, i got my hair pixied....like...REALLY short. It has grown considerably, but is still pretty short (5ish" long when straight). I have naturally wavy/curly hair (larger curls) and i am letting it grow back out. I attempted my first pug style 'do and make up the other night (see pic below). Please give me pointers since i really dont know how else to get a vintage-y look with my hair so short. I used the smallest curling iron walmart had...1/2" i think? Its tiny...

Views: 227

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I think that looks really nice, you maybe could use a little bit of pomade/gel/wax/something to hold the curls a bit more?  And if it was me, I'd put the knot on my bandanna over to one side or the other, but that's just my preference :)

I like what your doing! Vintage styling is really difficult on short hair.  You may want to try doing pin curls before using the iron, so that you can get a little more texture.   I found a really nice tutorial on using both here.

While its not a 50's style, finger waves look really nice on short hair. Here is a great tutorial.

RSS

Members

Discussion Forum

Maintaining pinup hair in humid conditions

Started by Alfre Lopez. Last reply by Jasmine Olsen Jan 22, 2015. 2 Replies

I live in Florida where it can get pretty humid but I've been able to work around it most of the time or my style will last at least long enough that I don't feel defeated, but I am going to a much…Continue

Tags: pincurls, pinup, styling, hot, heat

Best hair cut for short vintage hair?

Started by Nikki. Last reply by Nikki Oct 20, 2014. 3 Replies

Hi ladies!So, I already posted this on the main page but I thought I would post it here too just so that maybe some of you hair gurus would see it. :) Long story short, I have to cut about 4 inches…Continue

first timer...

Started by kbsangel86. Last reply by Tulip Noire Aug 28, 2014. 2 Replies

At the beginning of the summer, i got my hair pixied....like...REALLY short. It has grown considerably, but is still pretty short (5ish" long when straight). I have naturally wavy/curly hair (larger…Continue

Tags: vintage, hair, short

Iron Man

Started by Sammi. Last reply by Sammi Aug 14, 2014. 6 Replies

Hey gals,so in a couple of weeks there's a game and comic convention in my nearest city.  My partner is a massive nerd (as am I, secretly-ish) and is involved in running it, as well as representing…Continue

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service