Hello *fabulous* pin-up queens!

I started this group, because I love connecting with other LGBTQ identified people who adore pin-up and vintage.  I am a 29-year-old queer/bisexual femme lady from Brea, CA, and I am currently living in New York with my gorgeous partner and son.  I work at a medical school in geriatrics and am currently pursuing my PhD in social welfare policy. 

Here is a little bit about me and my path to becoming a queer femme pin-up doll.  I loved big, frilly dresses from a very young age and insisted on wearing dresses everyday to school.  Here's some photographic evidence:

I met my first girlfriend in 2nd grade.  She lived down the street from me and was fierce!  She was the complete opposite of me - she loved sports and I loved doing handstands, she loved boxing and I loved watching butterflies.  It was a match made in elementary school heaven!!

We never called ourselves girlfriends, but we went everywhere together and kissed regularly. :)  In seventh grade, my family decided to move to Georgia.  My girlfriend and I were both devastated.  While she tried to visit, we couldn't keep up our relationship.  

In GA, I was immediately met with homophobia and resistance at school.  The kids started calling me a lesbian which was a word I was unfamiliar with.  I had no idea that liking girls meant I was a lesbian!!  That sounded like a terrible term!!  So, I decided to put my lady loving ways aside and start dating boys.  Lucky for me, I also liked boys so it wasn't too bad. :)

Once I was in my early 20s, I started to become interested in dating people other than cisgendered hetero men.  I had no idea where to start!!  I loved 6-inch heels, vintage gowns, and tight corsets.  Where were I going to find women who dress and look like me?!?!!?  My salvation came through a group called the Femme Mafia in Atlanta, GA.  I met queer women who loved pin-up just as much as me!

After dating around, I finally met the woman of my dreams!  We are complete opposites - she loves kayaking, hiking, playing in nature, and practical clothing.  However, she did extensive research into vintage clothing when we started dating and frequently buys me dresses and accessories.  For my birthday last year, she got me an entire collection of designer vintage scarves!!!! *SWOON*  Here is a picture of me and my love:

For my birthday 2 years ago, she surprised me with a pin-up photo shoot.  I was SO nervous, and I never thought I would be able to pose for the camera!  As it turned out, I had so much fun and loved every minute.  Here are a few photos from the shoot:

After 5 years, we are engaged to be married in September 2012, and I am so excited to start this new journey in life!  We are having a Queer Hindu Vintage wedding (see website: http://www.mywedding.com/queerhinduvintage) - meshing both our interests!  My partner is Hindu so the ceremony is at a Hindu temple.  The reception is at a GORGEOUS historical mansion, and I'm wearing a red pin-up Candy Anthony dress!  *YAY*

WHAT'S YOUR ROAD TO BECOMING A QUEER PIN-UP DOLL?!!?

xoxoxoxo,

Jenni

Views: 393

Replies to This Discussion

Namaskar, Jenni!

Congratulations on your engagement. Your wedding website is inspiring. I wish you both the best!

Have a fabulous wedding and a long, happy, marvelous marriage! @ ;- )

Cheers,

Serephire

What a beautiful story! And amazing pics! :-) Greetings by Marlene, www.girlsgame.tv

It was LOVELY to read your story! I was in the ATL Femme Mafia from the start to maybe about 08 and wonder if we ever met :-)

RSS

Members

Discussion Forum

Started by cathy birch. Last reply by cathy birch Mar 10, 2013. 6 Replies

it is so nice to be part of a group of like minded people      i have been dressing for ever and just want to converse with others who share the same interest     i love all things girly    espicaly…Continue

Share your experience of being a queer pin-up doll!

Started by Jenni Griffith. Last reply by Katherine Jan 29, 2013. 4 Replies

Hello *fabulous* pin-up queens!I started this group, because I love connecting with other LGBTQ identified people who adore pin-up and vintage.  I am a 29-year-old queer/bisexual femme lady from…Continue

Bernd & Marlene… a very unusual story of love.

Started by Marlene Bitzer. Last reply by Marlene Bitzer Nov 5, 2012. 3 Replies

"Bernd and Marlene Bitzer are in love. For over 40 years. She is a sexy bitch with a lot of pride and class. He is an ambitious self-made man and crazy about fast cars. Without Marlene Bernd would…Continue

Tags: Bitzer, transgender, transsexual, Marlene, Bernd

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service