I almost went to this exhibition last weekend. But a big construction project in the Downtown area made me change my mind about it. Anyway, every year the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising has an exhibit featuring costumes from movies shown during the previous year. It is always fun to see up close and personal some of the wonderful clothing that is featured in some of the best... and not so best, movies of the last year. 

Anyway I have decided to pay the museum a visit next Saturday afternoon, March 1st. I will try to get there so that we can meet up at 2 PM. The museum has no entry fee. The parking in the lot is free on Saturdays.

There school also has a student shop selling lots of clothing, jewelry and other fashion related items at a great discount. It is definitely worth a visit after seeing the costumes. 

I know that this is all a bit last minute. But I really want to go and I just thought it might be a good idea to invite some of my sister PUGsters along. 

Oh, the museum is at 919 S. Grand in Downtown LA. The parking entrance to the museum is on 9th Street.

http://fidmmuseum.org/exhibitions/current/

Views: 130

Replies to This Discussion

:D Sounds swell. Count me in as a maybe!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!! I want too see you also !!!

It's supposed to rain this weekend so go prepared! I'll see if I can make it on Saturday but if I can't I hope to make it to the PUG boutique on Friday evening despite the elements…Masuimi will be there so I want to go see her!!

Yes, Natalie, I have heard the weather reports. It is not exactly a good day to be out and about. And since Chacha is interested, at least us two Whittier girls can go together.

Chacha, I will shoot you an email in a day or so.

And if anyone else wants to brave the rain, we will see you there!

OK, I overslept a bit this morning and I was still waking up when I wrote my first reply. Maybe it is better to cancel the whole thing due to the rain.

Chacha, maybe the two of us should just stay in Whittier and do something?

Okay !! Have lunch or go to king richards !! There is not much to do on a rain day in whittier !

RSS

Members

Discussion Forum

Help a girl out?

Started by Kammi Long. Last reply by Valerie L Sep 30, 2014. 3 Replies

Hey ladies! I have recently decided to move BACK to Southern California but I am only familiar with the San Diego area. Ideally I would like to be in the Los Angeles area. While I have traveled there…Continue

Huntington Honeys, a Meet Up day at the Huntington Library and Gardens on 10/5

Started by Aoife 24K. Last reply by Aoife 24K Aug 25, 2014. 7 Replies

I have tried arranging a few Meet Ups in the past. Every time I have had at least one person show an interest and show up. But it is a little discouraging planning things with a low turn out. However…Continue

Meet Up & Swing Out, Cicada Club 4/11/14, Jive Aces

Started by Aoife 24K. Last reply by Aoife 24K Mar 29, 2014. 1 Reply

Well here I go again, trying to arrange something. Those of you who have been there, already know what a wonderful place the Cicada Club is. It is located in Downtown LA at the Oviatt Building. It is…Continue

FIDM Movie Costume Exhibition Meet Up 3/1/14 2PM

Started by Aoife 24K. Last reply by Chacha Billy Feb 25, 2014. 6 Replies

I almost went to this exhibition last weekend. But a big construction project in the Downtown area made me change my mind about it. Anyway, every year the Fashion Institute of Design and…Continue

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service