All Discussions Tagged 'dress' (3)

← Back to DIY Dames, retro sewing and crafts
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Advice for sewing with vintage patterns?

Hi ladies! I'm starting to research vintage patterns... My goal is to sew a basic shirt dress from the 1940's or 50's, something like this:…

Started by Nikki

6 Aug 8, 2014
Reply by Nikki

I made my own wedding dress :)

Don't mind my hair ! My biggest regret was not having a proper brush the day of ( it was very windy out). I drafted my own pattern  , the…

Started by Lissete Briggs

5 Jan 4, 2013
Reply by Samantha Jo Jaffray

Have you dyed a dress?

Hi gals.  I'm thinking about dying my white Bettie Page Clothing Alika pencil dress.  I like the white but it is a bit sheer and I always h…

Started by Fallon

2 Aug 1, 2012
Reply by Christina Zepeda

RSS

Members

Discussion Forum

Jenny dress

Started by Lucy Aguilera Mar 24, 2015. 0 Replies

Hello there, has anyone ever altered a PUG Jenny dress? Practically the bust? I am not very blessed in that area and need to alter my dress. I am thinking of taking the boning out completely but…Continue

baby / toddler slings

Started by Kristina Hill Edwards. Last reply by Maria Houston Sep 30, 2014. 4 Replies

I could use some advise from you ladies... I used to make these baby/toddler ring slings…Continue

1950s style dress

Started by Margrete. Last reply by Miss Julia Aug 18, 2014. 4 Replies

Here's finally another project that's been a little on and off.When I got my sewing machine last year, the first thing I started "fantasizing" about was a 50s style dress in white w/black polkadot…Continue

Pattern Sizing and altering

Started by Melissa Gossett. Last reply by Miss Julia Aug 18, 2014. 1 Reply

I just joined the group and wanted to say this is amazing! I am a seamstress and make a lot of my own vintage clothing. I have been a seamstress for nearly 20 years, and I have done everything from…Continue

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service