Hey PUG friends! I just thought that I'd start up a thread here devoted to funny and or embarrassing stories about yourself that you feel like sharing. These could be stories about anything from walking into a glass door to getting caught with your pants down, or falling face down at the office to asking another woman when her due date is when it turns out that she's not pregnant at all.

We've all been there before so go ahead and feel free to post any funny story that you feel like sharing :)

Views: 1290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Done and done! I just ordered a pair of the back-seamed from What Katie Did, they had a were having a free international shipping sale this weekend so how could I resist?

You see this is what I just love about this site and this community, you can start a thread about embarrassing stories and end up getting good advice on vintage silk stockings ;)

heck yes! another word of advice, make sure they are clipped good!! haha 

Oh definitely! Any one of these stories could have made for an awesome Elvgren painting! Heck if I could paint I'd definitely depict a story or two that way :)

I have plenty of stories - put it this way, if there is a hole my foot will find it.  Makes no difference if I am in heels, jandals or bare feet.  (Although I tend to fall less in heels strangely).  When I was about 19 I was leaving a club, the exit was down a long flight of stairs, my foot slipped at the top and I slid on my rear all the way down.  My long skirt ended up by my thighs.  I got up turned the corner to see the bouncers killing themselves with laughter - they had seen it all on camera.   (they did check I was ok).  The worst part was I was the only sober person in  my group - I was the designated driver.  I fell off my bike 2 years ago and cracked my rib - the shameful thing about that was everyone asked how fast I was going and where it happened.  It was in front of my own driveway and I was stationary.  (in my defense I had just ridden 80km and I had stopped on a sandy patch).  I teach at school and every year the kids in my class learn very quickly not to sit too close to me on the mat if they don't want fingers trod on or me falling on them.  - They think I am hilarious.  Its the first thing I warn them about at the beginning of the school year.  I managed to give them a good laugh the other week I was having them line up and moved back a couple of steps.  Unbeknown to me a child from another room had come up behind me and had just bent down to pick up a pen - you can imagine what happened next.  Luckily I was wearing jeans so no unfortunate fashion incidents.  but it was pretty funny.  I have a few stories that I write (for modeling good writing) about my many embarrassing moments.  The kids enjoy hearing them and it makes them less hesitant to write about their own experiences.

Zoe those stories are just hillarious! I'm sorry to hear that you cracked your ribs that one time, I've fallen off of my bike before too so I've been there. I've got to say though that sliding down the stairs at that club on your bum is definitely an Elvegren'esque story, I actually also did that as well once, and I couldn't do situps for a week after ;)

It's also really sweet that you've used stories like these to help others open up and express themselves creatively, that's really beautiful, and teachers like you who can do that are so special and important in the world :) 

I've got another one :) A couple of years ago my hubby and I went to a local water park for the day and had a pretty fun time there. I was wearing my favorite bikini at the time, a brown and pink floral moderate coverage two-piece that I'd bought it two years earlier when I was bigger in the waist, so it was now a tad loose, but otherwise fine.

A little before the park was ready to close I decided to go into the wavepool one last time, and despite the fact that I had had NO problems in the waves what-so-ever for the entire day a single wave caught me as I was exiting the wave pool and pulled my bottoms completely down at the back.

As you can imagine I adjusted myself right away, but not before everyone leaving the wavepool behind me got a full-moon eye shot view.

So I retired that bikini later that night, and this story is just one of the reasons that I only wear high-waisted shorts for bottoms anymore ;)

That is such a cute story Jessica! I'm glad that you can laugh at it now, but I can totally see how that would be mortifying at the time. I've actually seen that happen to a few ladies at the beach before too, and I had my own above experience with a wave and my bikini bottom.

What is it that waves love to make trouble for our bathing suits? Thanks for sharing ;)

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service