Hello!! I need some help! I work in a conservative, corporate atmosphere where I do lots of work in a lab. I love pin up style clothing because it shows off my curves compared to normal clothing which due to my chest causes all of my clothes to not fit properly. Does anyone have any suggests for clothing that looks profession yet actually shows off my figure? I do sew so I can do alterations! Thanks in advance!

Views: 1498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nicole, there has been a similar discussion about this topic not so long ago here on the board. If I get a little chance I will see if I can find it.

I would go with pencil skirts and a top as they are less ' dressed up'  then a dress but stylish, fun and curvy. Lots of ladies who rock their pencils REALLY well on here so you can find a ton of inspiration. I also sometimes wear a dress if I can pop a cardigan or blazer over it (or a coat in your case). 

all of the pants from PUG are dreamy if you can fit them into your work regulations :) 

There are dress our pin up dresses out there that are very business looking that still show off your curves that might work. I post a dress that I have ( sorry, don't have a picture of me in it), But it is from the Betty Page clothes line.

Attachments:

Would it be too casual in your workplace if you wore fitted cardigans, perhaps adorned with pretty brooches (sounds like you couldn't do a rhinestone spider pen, but they certainly couldn't say you were crossing the line with cherries or flowers)? And Brandy C.'s pencil skirt suggestion would be perfect with the right sweater or shrug. Are you allowed to wear hose and heels of your choice? Good luck, honey.

I bought several dresses to wear to work in DC. It's very restrictive. Solid colors, sleeves, no cleavage, must be knee-length.

So far, the winners are:

The Beverly Dress
The Colette Dress
Havana Nights Dress
Birdie Party Dress (worn with a camisole)
Lauren Color Block Dress (worn with a camisole)
Military Pin-Up Dress
Natalie Dress (worn with a camisole)
Angelique Dress
Rockabilly Retro Diner Dress

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service