Hey guys! Next month I'm going to be going to not only my first concert in a VERY LONG TIME, but also one of my favourite artists and absolute biggest inspirations in life, Lady Gaga herself!

As you can expect from the fact that going to a concert of her's is on my bucket list, I am more than just a little excited about this ;) WEEEEEEEEE!!

Okay now that I've got that out of my system, I need your help. I need to know... (drum roll please)... what PUG outfit and look you would recommend wearing to a Lady Gaga concert.

Now going by the pictures I've researched online for ideas there's a pretty wide range of options of "daringness" open. For outfits I've seen pictures of just every day casual fans in jeans and leggings with an off the shoulder shirt to über fans like these ones from a Tacoma Washington show wearing torn stockings and or bodysuits.

I've seen pictures of fans in sequin bras, leather bras, come to think of it LOTS of bras really. When it comes to hair and makeup styles there are even more looks and styles to get inspiration from. Like I said, there's a really wide range of looks that you can cover at one of Gaga's concerts and still fit in.

I'm looking for advice on everything that you're willing to give advice on, hairstyles (something like 1940's Victory Rolls or maybe something more rockabilly'ish from the 50's), the makeup (dark pinup bordering on gothic or something brighter with blue eyeshadow), whether to go with a wiggle dress or an open hip party dress, or even to go with two PUG separates and if so then what two separates  A Flared skirt and a bustier? A pencil skirt and a cap sleeve top? Even a pair of Capris maybe?

Or what about the craziest most OUTRAGEOUS PUG outfit that you can imagine wearing to a Lady Gaga concert even?

The only thing I know for sure is that I want to wear some kind of PUG to the show, other than that I'm open to every idea that you can throw my way and no idea's going to be too crazy.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and I promise to share pics of what ever outfit you all help me choose :)

Views: 838

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello again! So since I started this thread I was able to talk to my friend Belinda (the awesome clothier who I have my swimsuit, my Playboy Bunny costume and my Captain America Dancing Girl costume to thank for), and she gave me a bit of advice for concert clothing options.

In her experience, in close confined situations like a concert like this one, you really should go with practicality over style, tempting as the later is. She suggested nothing more than just a regular t-shirt with jeans. I might use this occasion to justify finally getting either the Cigarette Pants in Red Stretch Twill Denim or the Deadly Dames Capri Pants in Red and pair it with a shirt I'll pick up at the concert. I'm leaning more towards the Cigarette Pants just because I'm likely to get more wear out of them in this climate (summer weather PLEASE get here fast :) )

So this outfit won't be as "über" PUG as I first hoped, but it should be just fine to party with some little monsters :) I'll share the pics as soon as I make the order and they come in! 

When you do make it to a Christina concert you're definitely going to have to share a picture of the t-shirt that you picked out :)

That's a pretty handy nack to have, especially in the middle of a crazy concert's merch table. I can sometimes eyeball the fit too but not well enough that I'd take a chance and buy a shirt without trying it on.

Damn! I wish I could have you at the Gaga concert to help find the perfect shirt :)

Okay first off I really do hope that you're able to see Christina in concert! I bet her live shows are awesome to take in :)

Second, I think you nailed what I should wear right on the head, especially with the hair flower! Also I'll definitely look for a shirt that I can wear a waist cincher belt with... or heck maybe I could even go with one of PUG's belt's from their accesory section, like maybe the Wide Sateen Belt in White or the Wide Leopard Velvet Belt.

Folly Flair, no doubt about it! 

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/folly-flair-red-black.html

classy, sexy, and absolutely outrageous :) 

Oh my GOD that dress is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Brandy! Classy, sexy AND absolutely positively outrageous like you said... just what Gaga ordered.

The only down side is that price tag... eeek :(.

With Viva coming up I might have to take a pass on this one, I'll definitely add this to my wish list though! ;)

and if you pair it with ballet flats , spray it down with suede waterproofing spray... you'll be good to go, 

but yeah, it is a wee bit expensive, they should have a 'Pug Rental' thing so you can rent dress for the day ha! 

Brandi that top is BEAUTIFUL on you! You've made me so jealous now since I want one so bad :)

That is so funny that you're wearing the belt I was thinking of getting LOL! You really have awesome tastes in clothes :)

It is best to wear things you don't mind getting ruined to concerts.  How sad would it be to wear an awesome (expensive) PUG dress and end up with someone spilling their beer on you.  I would also recommend flat shoes if you are going to be standing/dancing.  Most concerts I go to involve a mosh pit, so I always  wear tennis shoes (Chucks) and jeans.  I've heard of girls getting fondled at concerts when wearing skirts so I wont even go there.  Have fun!

Oh wow, you see THIS is exactly why I started this thread, for tips just like that! You are absolutely right Cela, I would be very bummed out if anything happened to a PUG dress and or separate.

Tennis shoes are a good idea too, I'll be in the GA floor so at the very least I'll be standing. As for mosh pits... I've never actually been in one. In case there is one though I think I'll just avoid it to be safe, are they a lot of fun?

As for the practical dangers of wearing skirts... that's also good advice. Longs pants it definitely is :)

I'm going to bet you will be safe from mosh pits at a Lady Gaga concert, lol.  I don't think it will be that type of crowd :) but yes they are fun for the most part, sometimes people get a little too rowdy and you can get hurt but the show adrenaline makes it woth it. 

I've worn skirts with tights AND shorts underneath (and ended up not moshing because I was still nervous, sketchy part of town!) but like Cela most shows I go to involve moshing. I think it all depends on how attached to your clothes you are, I guess. I debated wearing high waisted PUG shorts I had gotten recently to that show and ended up not because I'd rather risk ruining a $5 F21 skirt than any of my PUG!

Hmmm... so what you're saying is that I should at least plan for any outfit I end up wearing to be damaged and plan ahead just in case that happens. I know what you mean, I've definitely worked too hard for my PUG to risk it getting damaged.

Are the mosh pits that you've been in usually fun? If there's a pit at Gaga's show I'll probably avoid it just to be safe but I might try to get in on one down the road :) 

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service