How many times do you work out a week and what do your workouts consist of?

Views: 1759

Replies to This Discussion

there's a blog i LOVE called "oh she glows" and she's vegan and comes up a lot of amazingly delicious, super-healthy recipes. i looked to her as a resource a lot after i watched "fat, sick & nearly dead". because yeah, salads get old reeeeeeeal fast. ;)

oh my gosh! you have made my day. I have been looking for vegan recipes for my slow cooker for a while and now I have the perfect site to go to. Thanks!!!

I try to work out 5-6 days a week, i do crossfit 2-3 days a week(at least 2 times per week), pilates 2x per week, and sometimes supplement with p90x, i try to run at least a couple miles on the treadmill pre workout to make sure that i get cardio.  I have been trying to lose weight for a while now, about a year but not very seriously until february of this year.  i went to a concert with my brother and it was a perfect occasion to wear a dress that i had bought a few years ago and haven't worn...and it didn't fit! so that was the final straw for me to finally get off the lbs that i kept/regained after my second child was born.  I have lost about 25 lbs since february and have about 25-30 more until I am at my goal (hopefully by the end of the year).  Ultimately I want to be healthy and fit, I want to be a good, active role model for my daughters, and I want to be able to do fun things with my husband that I couldn't do when I was overweight.  He has commited to getting in better shape, though he was never out of shape, so that we can be active together.

what's p90x like? i watch the infomercial all the time, but it looks pretty terrifying. ;)

Its pretty good, some of it is intense and its nice that you can make it as hard as you want by doing more reps/more weight or going faster. I like their cardio videos the most, but the weights are good tooif you can afford a bunch of different size weights. We only have 5,7,10 lbs dumbbells and the. 30,40,50. Lbs. The light ones are way too light for me but the 30 lbs are too heavy for some stuf, though that is what I use when doing the videos. Overall I would say that they are worth the money

i used to go on kicks where i'd overdo it with really punishing workouts, and then burn out. about two months ago, i decided to only do exercise i really enjoy so i'd feel good, instead of doing exercise i hate so my butt looks good. ;) now i walk my dogs 3-4 miles every morning and do an hour of yoga when i feel like it, which is usually 5 or 6 days a week. i feel totally great and healthy, and i lovvvvvve that exercise is a pleasure now. but i feel like with more regular activity, i should have lost at least a little bit of weight, and instead i've actually gained some. i feel like i look slightly thinner, though...but my clothes seem to fit the same? i don't know, human bodies are so weird and mysterious. ;) the most important thing is that i feel amazing, and yoga has totally helped me out with an old back injury. not too shabby!
oh! does yoga count as strength training, by the way? i know strength training is important and i don't want to skimp on it. :)

i've been a vegetarian for many years. i have a smoothie (usually spinach, a banana, some kind of berry, peanutbutter, and plain greek yogurt) for breakfast every day, and after that i don't really keep track. it's not junk food, because i've lost my taste for that over the past few years. in fact, i gave up sweets for lent and now when i eat them, i get little blisters in my mouth! it's so weird, and definitely makes me wonder what sugar was doing to my body before, when i had more of a tolerance for it. anyway, i think i might rely too heavily on fruits rather than vegetables, and on carbs. but in truth, i don't have much of an idea about what i eat in a day- i think i'll take up the suggestion you made somewhere on this group of writing everything down. i found a tiny notebook for it. ;)

Ava's last comment hit right on the nose what I was going to say. I have to do what I like. I got into kickboxing and get antsy if i go a week without it. I became an instructor. We work on real heavy boxing bags and incorporate jogging, sprints, pushups, squat thrusts... all kinds of calisthenics. It's a total body workout and I feel amazing every time I leave. I've also become a zumba instructor and take pole dancing, per the picture, and random yoga. I have not been able to fully appreciate the hot yoga classes offered at my pole studio, but I've decided that I don't have to like everything. There is something out there for everyone and I encourage everyone I work with to find a work out that speaks to them and makes them feel great after it's over. Something you can see yourself sticking with for your entire life because it should essentially be incorporated as a lifestyle change and not a temporary fix. If you're in NYC and feel like coming to Zumba, I offer what's probably the only $5 class in all of New York. :-)

Right now I am focusing on being healthy and not neccessarily weight loss (although that would be wonderful!) I find that as I get older I am more and more comfortable with my body cellulite and all. I am striving to eat a clean diet as well as doing things that I enjoy; i.e. yoga, Zumba, and just plain 'ol walking on the treadmill.  I am also focusing on strength training and do a class 2 times a week for 60 minutes each time.  I actually love going to group fitness classes, it helps motivate me to actually workout and push myself harder because I'm a bit competitive and like to do at least one more rep than the person next to me :).  I may not ever be a small size and I will probably be at least 10 - 20 pounds overweight for the rest of my life, but if I am exercising on a consistant basis and have healthy eating habits I know that it will be better in the long run than beating myself up trying to lose vanity pounds.

I do Yoga Meltdown from Jillian Michaels 4x a week. I jog for 30mins at least 2x a week. I walk A LOT. I tried to do all my workouts in the morning. I started doing this about a month ago. Before that I was doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels and 6week 6 pack.. In about 9 months I have lost 30 pds and about 15 inches off total from my body.
I did weight training for 3 months and it was amazing. It really really helped burning fat and toning my whole body. In those 3 months I actually gained 5 pds but it was all muscle because I lost 4 inches and looked leaner than before.
I still have 20lbs to lose and wont stop til I get there.

I love exercise but my workout schedule has been sketchy for the past year.  It depends on my health really.  I aim for 5 a week but often it's more like 3.  I have a gym membership but have to push myself to go and seem to end up going for a long walk outside instead.  I think my aversion to the gym is due to a unreliable personal trainer I had who put me off the environment.  I really enjoy yoga and in the past have done up to 3 classes a week.  Now I do it once a week.  I have pernicious anaemia and hypothyroidism and get tired very easily.  If I push myself too hard with exercise I get a headache and am totally wiped out (in a bad way).  I am vegetarian (have been since I was 16) and I eat minimal dairy, some grains but have been trialling gluten free over the last month.  I stick to 1500 calories a day.  I find it immensely hard to loose weight.  I would love to hear if anyone has similar experience or knowledge with thyroid issues.

Thanks for your advice, Ava:)

RSS

Members

Discussion Forum

What is your current workout regimen?

Started by Ava Adames. Last reply by Sarah Mone Sep 6, 2014. 74 Replies

How many times do you work out a week and what do your workouts consist of?Continue

Exercise That Doesn't Sacrifice Curves?

Started by Kayla B. Last reply by Kayla B Jul 28, 2014. 5 Replies

Surely, such a thing exists!! Do any of you ladies know of any types of exercises that DO the following:- Lifts up the bust (I have tried both Flys and Bench Pressing)-Shrinks body fat (especially…Continue

Tags: Exercise

FB Page link broken

Started by Liz La Queen. Last reply by Liz La Queen Sep 16, 2013. 2 Replies

Is this group still active? The Facebook link on the main page is broken. Thanks!Continue

What kind of eater are you?

Started by Nina Osegueda. Last reply by Lil Miss Lunatic Jul 31, 2013. 33 Replies

Hey guys! Nina here. I'm one of those paleo eaters, and I thought I'd ask what kind of eating style everyone else does? Vegetarians, vegans, low calorie, juicers, ect. We're all different, and some…Continue

Tags: paleo, low-carb, low, calorie, vegetarian

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service