I don't know how to start this discussion honestly. I'm always curious when I look through all your photos and read your bios. No one really talks about what they do for a living. I guess I wonder this because I work such an obscure job that I always imagine all the PUG enthusiasts are well known celebrities, or powerful business women because you are all so beautiful. 

I work in the offshore oilfield, 6 months a year I'm offshore on a barge or a boat and usually there aren't many girls. I wear steel toe boots, a hardhat, and pants. I never wear makeup and my hair is always in a ponytail. The other 6 months out of my year, I'm usually in a dress with full makeup and my hair done. 

So I guess what I'm asking is what do you guys do for a living? 

Views: 10752

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone!

I'm an ophthalmic technician at the moment. I'm a freelance makeup artist and just finished school for medical transcription so hoping to find a job within the transcription field upon my move to Florida. Would love to keep my hair coloured and not "conform" so transcription would be great as its a work at home kind of job. I can only wear medical scrubs at my office so no heels, or vintage styled dresses at all :( My doctors are convinced that I have an alter ego since they've actually had a chance to see me dressed up which is quite funny. 

retired jailer ... now a stay at home mom to a 20 month old & a 3.5 year old

Nice to meet you. Love the Bobafet helmet. Anyway, I am a student worker at my college. I'm working towards a degree in History and striving towards working at the Smithsonian one day as either a curator, or a researcher. 

I have two degrees - computer programming and business, and I work as a CSR at an office!

I work as a temp at the moment, I've been getting mostly reception jobs lately but am looking forward to landing a job as a secretary or PA!  I love the whole Joan from Mad Men office look and try to emulate that as best I can.  I am kicking myself now for not bringing back my grandmother's brooches to England with me!  She had a brooch for every season and holiday.  On reception, I have to wear a kind of uniform but I do get to wear little neck scarves occasionally.  I'd love a job where I can wear my pin up clothes, but wearing the pencil skirt/blouse combo is working for me for now! xx K

Oh wow! I can't believe I haven't posted on this before! Love everyone's posts and it is really great seeing how many different careers we all have. 

Personally I am an SEO (search engine optimizer), journalist, and blogger. I also do copywritting (websites, resumes, brochures, that sort of thing). I freelance but I have a couple of big clients (the one I'm most proud of is eBay).

I'm one of those lucky people who love my job, I also do some writing on the side and I've got a book that's about ready to publish so yay! 

I usually work from home but occasionally have to go in-to office, but usually I can wear whatever I want. The only sad thing there is that I'm dressing up for just me since my boyfriend doesn't actually like vintage ha. 

I'm white collar all the way, I'm in law school and work at a law office.  I have tattoos that I HAVE to cover up daily, but over time I've refused to change my overall style for them and they gave up attempting to make me haha.

I'm a student!

Though I only go to school like...one day a week because I am a part time student. I transferred into my current university (USC) from community college and all my credits came...but I am in a four year major so I MUST take certain classes in succession. So I'm taking them and going to school one day a week.

I have three other jobs! Sometimes I call and harass USC alumni to donate money toward the school. Sometimes I freelance as an assistant editor for Popsugar. Sometimes I do some light work (categorized as an intern) for a post production facility in Los Angeles.

I don't do the pinup thing outside of weekend time and USC because I want to feel special when I look special. When I'm really working I don't wear any makeup or do my hair because I am focused only on work.

I work for a school district, I've been there for 7 years. I used to teach high school students with moderate / severe disabilities, I did this for 6 years. This year I transferred positions & now teach at the post secondary level.

I usually do not share my work on my Facebook page because of creepers, but I am a professional makeup artist & hair stylist! I specialize in bridal, but I even doll up ladies at the Pinup Girl Boutique from time to time :) I have been in this industry a long time and more often then not, I get asked to do my own hair & makeup for photoshoots because of this. I am always excited to get to be in front of the camera at PUG shoots though, because I get to be a princess for a day! Micheline always makes me look my best and Tony's magic fingers make my hair's dreams come true <3 I am always asking questions and trying to watch and feel what they are doing when working on me so that I can gain new knowledge to make my craft better. They are true artists, and although I have been professionally doing makeup & hair for years, I still am in awe of their talent.

I work at a University in the Development (essentially fundraising) department as an Executive Assistant. I've worked on campus in various positions on and off for almost six years. It's not bad work -- It's less than five minutes from my home and I get to work on a lot of different projects/events all of the time. I usually try to take one class a semester (because it's free!), so I am very very slowly chipping away at a degree (history & behavioral science).

I wouldn't classify it as a career, but it helps to pay the bills and I'm pretty good at it, so there ya go. Plus, I get to stay home on Mondays and hang out with my kid (he's a little over 3) all day, so that's a nice bonus.

I also have a blog (not one that garners profit) and do a bit of artsy craftsy side work when I can. I sell digital prints, hand painted wood jewelry, and whatever else I happen to enjoy making at the time. I can usually be spotted at a few local crafts shows each year and on etsy.

Wow girl power on!

I'm a homemaker, that's obscure... or at least it is these days. I'm probably the elephant in the room. 

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service