I don't know how to start this discussion honestly. I'm always curious when I look through all your photos and read your bios. No one really talks about what they do for a living. I guess I wonder this because I work such an obscure job that I always imagine all the PUG enthusiasts are well known celebrities, or powerful business women because you are all so beautiful. 

I work in the offshore oilfield, 6 months a year I'm offshore on a barge or a boat and usually there aren't many girls. I wear steel toe boots, a hardhat, and pants. I never wear makeup and my hair is always in a ponytail. The other 6 months out of my year, I'm usually in a dress with full makeup and my hair done. 

So I guess what I'm asking is what do you guys do for a living? 

Views: 10751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What an interesting question. The dress doesnt make the doll, the doll makes the dress. I work in legal publishing, in which i look after judges and solicitors requirements for resources before they go to court. Come night, i throw away the corporate bunny outfit and i become the crazy ass rockabilly chick. I ran into someone real cool last week, with a quaff, high pants and ink all over....and she is a reverend. Btw i have sworn off black suits and only wear 1950s tea dresses to work with a white shirt underneath. It works! You never know....i have 2 masters, i speak 7 languages and i am doing another masters.

After the worst nine months ever of my working life, I took the plunge and started my own business. I had wanted to do it for years but couldn't make myself take that final step until finally I had all I could take and decided 'if that idiot/monster I just worked for can run a business, then what the hell is my excuse?'

No doubt about it, it has been tough but I do love it. I have an online store, selling retro/pin-up clothing (PUG is next on my wishlist!) to Australian women. I love it but I'm trying to figure out how I can live in opposite land and open up an actual retail store - people think I'm crazy but its the interaction with customers that I love... and you don't get that so much with an online store.

Fingers crossed I can make it work! :-)

Funny thing is, since I opened the store I actually wear less vintage and pinup than when I was working in an unrelated job... working from home definitely has its pitfalls and tracksuit pants are one of them!

Lol, mine pitfall is yoga pants... I bet you're awesome at customer service with your online buyers though!!

You bet Double O Jenn... been on the receiving end of craptacular customer service one too many times. :-)

I'm a Marketing Manager. I currently work for an oil company, so they have no problem with the way I dress, although they think I am too dressed up all the time. But they all love it.

At my previous job, I was also a Marketing Manager, and my boss HATED me for the way I dressed. Obviously dressing this way is not offensive, it's classy. But my boss just looked down on me for being the slightest bit different. I'm great at what I do and that is all that should matter. He ended up getting fired. I had no other problems with management from there rather that women talking about me. Women just hate anything they can't be, or women who are classy and still get attention. 

My other most recent jobs were performing jobs that didn't get to show off my style. Lets just say I was some very characters created by Mr. Walt Disney ;)

By day, I'm Reception/Security in DC. I have to dress nicely every day, so I'm collecting PUG clothes like a madwoman because they fit me right!! I've got a small waist/wide hips, and current fashions don't help me in the least. Going shopping in normal stores is crappy. Sheathe dresses are my worst enemy. So it's PUG almost every day, for me!

By night, I'm a heavy metal vocalist. No skirts allowed.

I love this!!!  I'm a single mom of three kiddie kats and a not-so hard working attorney!!  I always wear vintage and PUG in the court room!!!  I think most of the PUG clothing transfers over into my profession beautifully!!  I'm also tattooed and it's not so common in my profession, but I need to be me.  I've been judged for it, but I'm a damn good lawyer! If someone doesn't want to hire me for it, well then that's their loss!!  

All you ladies are an inspiration!!  XXOO

Hello everyone!

I didn't know where to start so I thought I could introduce myself by answering this question. I'm a Make up Artist, I live in Greece and I'm a huge fan of everything vintage. My favorite eras are from the 20s-60s, but my style is mostly 40's or 50's.  I haven't always been brave enough to dress vintage/pin up etc, until recently when I decided that this is my style and I shouldn't care what others think. I haven't had any bad comments so far and I'm lucky enough to be in a profession that supports creativity and personal style!

xxx

Arietta 

I am a Early childhood teacher and have been teaching for 5 years , the children love my tattoos and hair. I'm currently on maternity leave and have decided to have a career change and have began training as a Make up artist to complement  our lifestyle. Outside of work and mummy hood I run the Atomic Fest here in New Zealand and I  teach at Bombshell Burlesque alongside performing.

I freakin' love your display pic! I'm actually a model, I used to be a bartender but as my health deteriorated I couldn't spend so much time on my feet. I can't say I make a steady living as a model, I do a lot of free shoots in between my paid ones, but it brings in some money and loads of fun! Oh, and my husband just loves telling people he's married to a model! :)

I'm a stay at home mom to my five kids- ages 10 months to 8 years old, and an army wife. Being that we have little ones that would need a nanny or daycare and that we move frequently, it's never really been worth it for me to do any work outside of the house. I love it though. I can run all my errands and such while the oldest kids are at school and my husband is at work. I never have to worry about missing time from work if a kid gets sick and has to stay home from school, I'm free to meet my husband for lunch, go to the gym, and just generally do whatever I feel like needs doing or nothing at all if I feel like I need a break. Maybe once the youngest ones are in school, too, I'll go back to school or get a job. Maybe I'll just stay home so I can volunteer for the kids stuff. Growing up I always wanted my mom to be one of the moms that volunteered with my extra curricular things. Who knows?

I sit on the sofa and get jumped on a lot. Though starting from september, I will only be jumped on by one small body a day as the bigger one starts school :(

Yeah, single stay at home mum here - hoping to get back into work soon though as I'm well aware of the stigma single parents get here in the UK. I used to work for the Job centre, doing admin and clerical duties.

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service