I don't know how to start this discussion honestly. I'm always curious when I look through all your photos and read your bios. No one really talks about what they do for a living. I guess I wonder this because I work such an obscure job that I always imagine all the PUG enthusiasts are well known celebrities, or powerful business women because you are all so beautiful. 

I work in the offshore oilfield, 6 months a year I'm offshore on a barge or a boat and usually there aren't many girls. I wear steel toe boots, a hardhat, and pants. I never wear makeup and my hair is always in a ponytail. The other 6 months out of my year, I'm usually in a dress with full makeup and my hair done. 

So I guess what I'm asking is what do you guys do for a living? 

Views: 10753

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love this topic! You are all INCREDIBLE women!

I am a student midwife in Ocean City, MD. I work as a birth and postpartum doula - meaning I support moms and families during pregnancy, attend their birth at the hospital/birth center/home, and then help around the house in the postpartum. It's such a profoundly rewarding (and exhausting...but in a good way) job. I hope I get to do it full-time someday!

To pay the bills, I manage two motels in town, which keeps me crazy busy in the summer, but then it slows down a lot in the winter. 

I'm a make up artist (for Smashbox Cosmetics)

I'm a writer. I run my own blog called Stiletto City (www.stilettocity.com) featuring fashion (mostly vintage and often PUG!), beauty and LA events. I also freelance for other sites and work a day job writing for an interior design site and doing marketing communications, web content production and social media. Nice to meet everyone here!

Wow, great topic. I thought you'd all work as models, lovely ladies :) 

I work part-time in an office of a garbage disposal site, managing incoming trucks in Copenhagen, Denmark . One day, I, as a joke, told one of the drivers that he could do the managing himself, as I was dead-tired. He looked at me with a grin and said "I'll do it - if you drive the truck all the way and unload it, and drive it back here". in 5 secs I was in the truck, and having a blast. Decided quickly and signed up for a drivers license for trucks :) 
That's my second job, mostly on weekends. It's so much fun, driving a truck, and the comments about a girl in a big truck are usually positive. And who says you can't be feminine in a male dominant workplace? I have to wear steel toe boots and luminescent clothes because I'm in traffic. I cut up a pair of shorts and made a work-skirt that has gotten so many compliments, it's unbelievable. People keep coming over to me and telling me that I'm good at my job, and that I'm the prettiest truck driver they've ever seen - I love my job!
I think the more non-personal you have to dress at work, and unfeminine, the harder you compensate when you're off :)
My next project is sewing a dress for work, already have the fabric. Trying hard not to end up looking like a lemon ;)

Thank you all for sharing your lives and thoughts here. 

I love seeing all the diverse careers out there! Although, if I had to pick one it would definitely involve antique books. 

I run a copywriting company that specializes in lingerie marketing. I'm also a regular columnist for several lingerie blogs/lingerie trade journals. I live in a more conservative area of the country, so no one understands my job and secretly thinks I'm a weird underwear/clothes collector. Explaining the deliveries I get to my neighbors is consistently awkward.

Im a beauty therapist whose studying to become a social worker. Im all lipstick and human rights!

I'm a Family Physician who just finished residency.  I took a few months off to unwind/travel/get married, and I am starting to look for a position in the suburbs of Chicago.  I do enjoy bringing the PUG look to the hospital, as it really livens the place up, especially with little old ladies who then reminisce about having had outfits like mine.

Oh I can totally imagine that it would. If I was wearing PUG when I worked at the hospital, I can imagine the looks and discussions  I would have had...

Hi there, well i sell Vintage Clothing & accessories online for a living, & it's getting harder & harder . We also have repro line called  Cal-Noir of Hollywood ..... more info on my profile for those interested .    It's nice to be working for yourself doing something you love but it's a jungle out there .

Reading all the comments here and I truly love the Honesty in them all.

II will share that I am a Chemist and mix chemicals for a living. I've worked industry and now I'm currently working for the Chemistry department of a community college. My favorite days are when I get to wear what I love and enjoy under a labcoat and not get it full of acid wholes. But even if I do, I make it a work outfit and bust it out when ever I can!

I want to say that It has been hard having the styles that I do when I work with people who have no appreciation for uniqueness, mainly the females. At first I took it very hard and began to dress like they would in order to avoid the critisims, now; however, I wear what I desire for I realized that their critisims is mainly jealosy in the work space.

I Love being a chemist with a P.U.G. personality and style!!!  

You go girl! Let them be jealous! ;)

lmao... yes, ruining the fabric because of a drunk does tend to piss me off too. i worked as a foodserver/bartender/cocktail waitress/hostess when I was in my 20s and in college. It was always fun to really shock the hell out of the boys that the little 5'2" waitress was going to (and able) to 86 them out the door. lol. rock on!

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service