Hey ladies! As the title of this forum post suggests, I'm BADLY in need of help when it comes to doing pin-up hair. I've tried tutorials on everything from victory rolls to bumper bangs that I've found on DVD's and YouTube and I just can't seem to find anything that really works out for me. For some reason my hair seems resistant to curlers, either that or I'm doing it completely wrong.

So yes, I'm a bit of a NOOB in this sense. What I'm looking for (if any of you can help me out that is) are tutorials or tips that you first learned when you first started doing pinup style hair. I'm open to any styles too, rolls, curls, bangs, just as long as it's pinup'y, retro, vintage, rockabilly or anything in between!

I'm hoping to take some PUG product shots for a blog review this week so hopefully I'll have a style or two I can learn in the next couple of days to share and show off along with the outfits Thank in advance everyone!

Hugs!

Tahitia :)

Views: 1846

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Amber! I haven't been brave enough to try victory rolls on my own yet but I think that this just might be the tutorial to try :)

love the comments on this thread! i have long hair, but have been toying with the idea of going short for a while...my biggest hesitation is what i'd do with my hair once it was short. however, i'm really interested and eager to try my hand at using pin curls! the ladies who posted pictures all look phenomenal!

I definitely agree Victoria, the comments here have really been a God send.

I used to have very long hair myself, and then about two years ago I went short and I did find that since I didn't have any experience with managing short hair I did had fewer options for what I could do with my hair now that it was short, so I'm in the process of growing it out again.

Though if anyone out there has any short pinup/rockabilly hairstyle ideas I'd love to see them :)

I also agree that the women who shared their pin curl pictures look phenomenal and they're very easy and fun to learn to do yourself :)

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service