So I cleaned out my closet this week and it looks fabulous <3

but the whole process got me to thinking that while I have vintage pettipants and slips, a vintage brasserie, and vintage dresses, vintage shoes, and even a vintage hat or two, my stockings are all brand new but purchased around five years ago from drugstore or high-street shops. So I got to thinking that I would love to have some really nice stockings. 

When I went shopping for these stockings my jaw dropped. 

$44 for a pair of back seamed thigh highs? REALLY? 

I may be cheap but these things usually last me an average of 2-5 wears. 

Do the more expensive ones last longer? How much do you pay for nice cuban heels and back seams? I'm thinking somewhere around $12 - $15 per pair max but I'm still curious about the ridiculously high priced ones :) 

Views: 204

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

actually we can't get What Katy Did over here and since stockings tend to wear out I don't really want to fall in love with something that can take a month to arrive in the mail!! 

But I actually already have a $18-$20 panty hose - and they're lovely, but probably 15- 18 wears later and they're full of holes and what would best be termed as 'raggy' - the little 50 cent ones tend to suck very much though, I think most of mine are in the $5-$15 range and they're all getting really old :/ 

Thanks for the advice on the WKD! I think if I make it back to the states at any point I'm going to be heading straight to one of their stores :) 

I think WKD is also in London if that is easier.

I'm not in the UK so not it's not hugely helpful, and the prices there are sad, $40-57 usd for thigh highs - probably cheaper to buy them in the U.S., even with the postage and 21% duty rate, 

But I'm still going to buy something locally so I can replace it more easily so no WKD for me :) 

but thank you so much for pointing it out! :)

I have bought a bunch of hose from WKD and I love them. They look terrific. But they are expensive. I usually try to wait until they are on sale to buy them. You might want to get on their email list just in case. I also get mailings from StockinGirl. They are in the US, I think, but they seem to be having sales on a continuing basis.

I guess since everyone keeps recommending WKD I'm going to have to go against my better sensibilities and try them - and then be sad when they break rip or tear and I have to wait forever to get new ones - but if they're nice enough to make everyone automatically suggest them I suppose it's worth it ^_^ 

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service