Hi! I have a Heidi and two Evelyn dresses. I've been thinking of buying a petticoat for them, but I am clueless as to where to buy petticoats and I don't know what length of a petticoat I should purchase. Any suggestions?

Views: 648

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Personally, I think petticoats should be a little shorter than the skirt/bottom, so that it doesn't show. Maybe about an inch or so, important that it isn't much shorter than the bottom either. I do know that others find dresses to wear where the petticoats show a little bit. I think it depends very much on the dress, as well as personal taste.

For myself, I don't think the Evelyn is the dress for longer petticoats, at least not mine, which is the yellow floral one. I wore a two layer ribboned petticoat from Petticoats a plenty with it for a wedding this summer, that I had made a little shorter than the bottom (unfortunately I don't have any photos). This was lovely, but quite volumous, so only for special occasions and certain dresses. I have recently got the longer petticoats from the PUG site to have something easier to wear. Although I don't love them, they are OK, and work with my Heidis (and other dresses), both wrt. volume and length.

An advice is to double check the length of the bottom, and also where the top/bottom hits you and where your petticoat waist will rest. I found that the Evelyn bottom was a little shorter than what it said in the size chart. The best is of course to be able to try it on before you buy, but that isn't always possible. A petticoat can also work for different length dresses, there are some advices in this blog entry about petticoats: http://www.vixen-vintage.com/2011/10/how-to-wear-petticoat.html

Hi, Margrete! Thanks for your reply! Yes, I also have the yellow floral Evelyn, too. Appreciate the helpful link, too. Will learn more about petticoats. Am new to this retro-look, but I like it. I love my PUG dresses! Have a great week!

This is a great place for petticoats : http://www.dorisdesigns.co.uk/adult-doris

I also love Vivien of Holloway's : http://www.vivienofholloway.com/en/category/Petticoats/

Hope this helps ! petticoats are a lot of fun :) I love my yellow floral evelyn !

Hi, Viola! Wow! These are beautiful petticoats! Who needs a skirt with these lovely garments?! Thanks for the links. Choosing one or two petticoats will be fun! Appreciate your suggestions.

Hi, Chantal! LOVE your photo! Thanks for the link. I thought you could wear a petticoat under an Evelyn. I guess it comes down to personal style. You look so beautiful in your Evelyn! It's one of my favorite dresses. Have a great day!

Hi Rayleen! Love this photo! You look fabulous. Yes, I want to stay away from scratchy petticoats, but I'll still check out Bettie Page Clothing's Web site. I need to learn all I can about the various petticoat options out there. I like your photo! I like how your petticoat gives you some poof, but it's not overbearing. It's perfect! Thanks!

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service