Hello all! 

I'm looking for a new foundation. I've been using the MAC Studio fix fluid and I like it but I wanted to see what others use before I buy another bottle. Maybe I can find something new. I have sort of gnarly skin. blotchy and spotty with freckles so full coverage is needed. And I'm pale so finding the right color seems hard. Lol. Any thoughts? 

Thanks!

-Riley 

Views: 779

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Riley -

I am having the same problem. Although I do need fuller coverage, I am still going through the American bb creams... L'oreal was too grainy, Garnier too shiny. I have a connection to a cosmetics girl at work who got the sample of the maybelline bb and it is a matte and looks like it has fuller coverage, but until I actually use it, I can't help with a review. The interim bottle I've been using is Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse. It is thicker, has fuller coverage, and the coloring (#050 for me) is spot on, especially in the summer. Sometimes I don't need to powder. In the winter, I like to use the fuller coverage, but summer (when I sweat ALOT) I prefer to wear a lighter coverage, hence the bb creams.

I also prefer to use anything mineral because it is easier on my skin...

Good luck to you!!

Jenn - it's going to be like kissing a lot of frogs, but you'll find one.

Thanks Jenn. 

I've been interested in the Maybelline bb cream. Maybe I'll try it. At worst it will probably be good to wear for those "not so makeupy but don't want to look like I crawled out of the trash" days. Ha! 

-Riley

Lately for the good coverage+stay on endurance+good price I have found Revlon 24 hr ColorStay Foundation. I picjed it up with a big underexpectation, but it surprised me.

It does do all it claims for about $11-12. I don't like the bottle because it has no pump. I was tipping it over on my empty MAC bottle and filling it with Revlon 24hr. =D It is a good everyday foundation. I follow with powder foundation for more coverage for my gnarly skin and use setting powder over :) Layering helps!

For stage makeup I use either Clinique or Laura Mercier. Usd one kind of MAC. It was OK. I want to try one more kind out of them. ALso using Loreal BB for daily wear with powder. It does stretch pretty well. I did not findot too grainy myself, but in the heat because I leave it in the car, it liquidified and separated and made messes..... I still use it, though. It has a lot of product to go for a long time in it.

I like Benefit Hello Flawless powder foundation (they also have liquid).  I put it on with a Kabuki brush and it provides great coverage.  It's pricier than drugstore brands however.  

Now I had a huge curiosity bubble in me for Dior. Studio Fx is the name of the brand by the way?

Anybody having pore coverage issues? I have large pores that I hate so much. Unless I wear layers and layers of stage makeup, they won't be covered at all. :(

I try to love NYX stuff. I am so drawn to their products because of abundance of color choices and cheap prices. But the cheapness does not only reflect on the prices. All their products slide right off of the face....

Have you ever tried any Make Up For Ever products? I've heard a lot about those but have never used them. 

-Riley

I've been buying the same foundation 3 times in a row & that's the first time so I think I can speak of Holy Grail : 

Mac Pro Longwear foundation & pro longwear concealor :)

It's liquid... pretty thick consistency... you need to work by zone while applying it before it dries (like the studio fix)...It's medium to full coverage because it's VERY buildable... natural/matte finish :)

What is really what I like about it is the staying power... I apply my foundation as usual, powder & I don't need to touch up anymore in like 10 hours ! Maybe once if I was very active or it's hot outside but ir really stays on forever !

I've even fall asleep in my make up once (I was drunk, I never do that otherwise LOL) & when I woke up it still looked fresh :O ! Holy cow I told myself...

Really I don't see any "downside" on this product & I use to work as a make up artist so I'm used to pro products etc :)

My advice is give it a try ! Don't wanna brownse for another foubdation anymore since I discovered this one.

Viola

Hi, Riley!

Are you looking for drugstore brands or maybe something a littler higher price range or both? Also, is this for daily wear, going out, anything in particular? There are lots of options!

Revlon has some great cruelty-free options in the drug store category; Laura Mercier and Julie Hewitt are some of my cruelty-free faves if you're willing to spend a bit more. I personally use Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation; it gives full coverage and really luminous, natural glow to the skin (I top w/ a bit of mineral powder to set) and also photographs really nicely. I've used it on brides, for runway shows, and for print work as well. If you live near a Sephora, stop in and get some samples. Then you can really get a sense for how it wears on your skin before you commit to purchasing.

The Julie Hewett line is what we feature in the Pinup Girl Boutique and what I use on clients who book makeup services with us. Julie Hewett is an Oscar-winning Hollywood mu artist, and her line is amazing! Def worth looking into.

Hope that helps! <3

Man I love studio fix but it breaks out my skin like CRAZY. I only use it for photos and whatnot. I'm still looking for something lovely that won't freak my skin out...

Dying to try some Laura Mercier's, I've heard such good things from friends! That and I'd like to just try Kat Von D's too, though I feel like that might be a photo-only thing too.

I have purchased Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 along with my tried and true Revlon 24 hr Stay. I thought I'd give the new Covergirl product a try and if it doesn't match up to mu expectation, I'd use my beloved Revlon or use one one day and the other just to compare.

Since starting to use the new Covergirl, I could not stop! It truly is fantastic, uh-maz-ing! It lasts, lasts and lasts. I have the most oily porous skin and 'i work 7 am to 8 pm which the last 2 hours is spent with very heavy exercise at the gym and as long as I blot a bit or powder and all good.

For the further curious, I watched this comparison video of Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo vs Covergirl 3-in-1 by this cute girl. You'all may find it useful, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZCCkOI486A

I'm NC 15-20 and I don't know what type of skin you have, but if you're oily like me I recommend MUFE Mat Velvet + in No. 15 (Alabaster). The coverage is medium and buildable, and it works fine for me. As far as drugstore brands go though, Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily in Ivory works just as well as MUFE's foundation. In fact, it looked a lot more natural throughout the day. The coverage was the same and it didn't leave my skin looking chalky. It seemed to control my oil as bit better as well.

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service