One thing I've always wondered about my fellow PUG ladies is how you got into the look/style. I know it's not something that's particularly easy or cheap, or even 100% socially accepted so I'm kind of curious. I've met so many great women here on PUG Style and I know each of you have your own stories and I would love to see them if you're willing to share. 

To get things started, I discovered PUG in 2012 I think. I was wearing leopard print pants and a tank top with heels at the mall and this guy just walked up to me and told me to stop throwing myself/having sex with every man I could and repent my sins and the Lord would welcome me into heaven. As I'm actually kind of prudish compared to most of my friends I was kind of offended that he would judge me based on the print on my pants and the fact that I was wearing heels and went out and bought the sexiest thing I could find, which just happened to be a Jessica dress in red and the rest is kind of history. Now i'm more rockabilly than pinup per say but I love the look and clothes, and everything. All things considered, maybe it's a good thing said guy offended me because I've never felt better in any of my other clothes so  

Views: 836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I've told my little story a few times now on Facebook, my blog and other threads here but I don't mind sharing it again :)

I'd just gotten into the "concept" of pinup because of burlesque early on in 2011, and even though I loved the genre I had NO clue what so ever about how to find reproduction vintage locally or online.

One day when I came home from work in the late spring and my hubby told me that he had been looking for reference pictures online for a pinup themed burlesque act and he'd found a website linked to from a picture of Mosh's on deviantART under the "wardrobe provided by" credit.

Within two minutes of looking at Pinup Girl Clothing I knew that I'd be buying something from there before the month was over, within ten minutes I knew that they'd be provided my new summer wardrobe, and by the end of that summer I knew that PUG was more than just vintage outfits, but a lifestyle, a philosophy and an amazing community that I was always a part of, even if I hadn't found it yet :)

@Shy Anne I've heard your PUG Origin story before but wow that still floors me every time I hear it. Just reading about women being accosted fills me with such disappointment for society, but I'm so glad that in the long run you proved you were the better, smarter and more mature person and that it helped lead you here :)

RSS

Members

Forum

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

For Sale: Blue Harley Dress - Medium

Started by Amber Kaye in PUG Fans Around The World Sep 3, 2017. 0 Replies

Don't wear this dress nearly as much anymore and would love to give it a new home.Original blue Harley, so no pockets. Includes belt. Some light fading from normal wear, but no flaws or rips.Asking…Continue

© 2019   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service