I noticed lots of active new ladies on here so I wanted to say hi! Feel free to introduce yourself as I don't bite (except at Halloween).

Views: 860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Might as well jump in! :) I'm Valerie. I'm 28 and I'm from Vancouver, Canada. My interest in pinup style started last fall when I was shopping in California and visited a pinup boutique. I wore that dress to death before deciding to do some more exploring. There are a few stores in BC that carry retro/pinup/rockabilly clothes (Scout and New World Designs) but I've also had success with online shopping from Canadian retails. Since I'm on a shoestring budget, I'm trying to stick to sales and swapping. My collection is still fledgling, but I feel like I have a pretty good base wardrobe to keep me going for a while -- three swing dresses, a wiggle dress, a casual/day dress, two petticoats, a purse, and I ordered some hair flowers! 

I work in an office environment (I'm a bank teller) and my boss is so cute in that she adores my pinup outfits (and insists on taking pictures to send to her mum, who loves me too, haha, it's so funny) and so long as my shoulders are covered (dress code policy) she has no problem with me knocking everything over with my petticoat! 

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the community here! Everyone is so sweet and helpful and the body positivity here is phenomenal. I'm definitely not shy or self-conscious, but the attention I get when I walk into Starbucks wearing a fab dress is a pretty kickass.

If anyone is on instagram and posts pinup photos, please let me know your username so I can follow you! I'm really into seeing pictures and posting my own right now. My username is garyprestons and my instagram is here: http://instagram.com/garyprestons

xo

Valerie

Retroglam.com has a few pretty decent sales on PUG right now although sizes are getting sparse and they're in Canada. I love your story, and from what I've seen of your wardrobe it's adorable so I can see why she loves it. 

The body positive thing is the reason I love this 'forum/social site/group/thingy' so much. 

Great to meet you!!

Yeah I ordered my Miriam dress from Retroglam! Love it so much; wearing it out to run errands with my mum this afternoon. She has no idea I've turned into a pinup girl so her reaction will be adorable.

oh that will be fun. My mom saw me last as a little rebellious metalhead wearing army uniforms and baggy T-shirts, and then saw me again two years later in dresses and heels, totally shocked her. I haven't seen the Miriam dress before actually. Which one is it?

It's the polka dotted one we were discussing earlier! :) It's available in a few colours, too. I'm coveting the lilac one next.

What a wonderful idea Shy Anne!

Welcome to all new PUGsters!

And now a very specific welcome to you Valerie. I am glad that you joined. There is a core group of active participants here and we have formed a group of friends. All it takes to be in this core group is to participate! Ihope that you love PUG Style as much as I do.

Aw thank you, that's so sweet of you! :)

I'm Amanda 9but a lot of people online know me as ModernJuneCleaver, I suppose, as that's the name I use to blog). I live in Nashville, Tennessee!  I'm a blogger + law school student + legal assistant.  I found out about Pinup Girl Style a week or so ago and immediately joined.  Being alternatively styled is a little different and at times surrounded by a little cloud of judgment in my non-blogging which collar field, so I thought it would be nice to join a group of like-styled ladies!

My instagram is http://instagram.com/modernjunecleaver#

My personal blog is http://junebugsandgeorgiapeaches.blogspot.com/

I just followed you on Instagram I think, I just got it so you never know... 

Love your blog too! 

What's your instagram?! :D

Followed you on instagram! :D

I mostly post very random stuff and yoga so no real need to follow me :) 

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service