I noticed lots of active new ladies on here so I wanted to say hi! Feel free to introduce yourself as I don't bite (except at Halloween).

Views: 860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm Desilu.... And like both Aoife and Shy Anne, I kinda fell into doing this. Although I cannot wear repro/vintage 100% of the time, I try to keep the styling of the mid-century whenever I can. And I am on a shoestring budget, so I practically live on ebay and going to the goodwill (the online goodwill auction site is not as well done as either ebay or going to the shop itself, so I try to avoid it, unless there's something I ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE.). Slowly but surely, my wardrobe is building. And like Shy Anne said, now it's a matter of stepping outside the house in it and just doing it. Welcome!

that's a lot to say about you! I've always wanted to go to Italy actually. I love old movies too, (although I guess a lot of people here do) what are some of your favorites?

ahh, I love all of those! And i absolutely adore Ed Wood. I think my favorite actress would be Audrey Hepburn, closely followed by Jayne Mansfield (too hot to handle and the burglar are two of my favorites), and of course the lovely miss Marilyn Monroe. But to be honest it's harder to find a glamor actress that I don't like because I love them all

Actually I love Europe in general, I'm in the Netherlands now which is a bit worse for weather than you have, but the buildings are pretty, the beer is great, and the supermarket vegetables are amazing. Where are you from originally?

I grew up moving around a lot (mostly Arkansas/new jersey/Iowa/Texas) and then moved over here as a teen. Funny how things work out! Strangely enough, I've never been to Italy, really cool that you've been to Amsterdam a lot though! I'm about an hour's drive away from A'dam. Is your husband Italian or American?

I met this guy in the airport in Amsterdam and we hit it off really well while I was visiting (I stayed a couple of times for like 3-6 weeks each), and eventually it turned into, "Okay I guess I'd better move here", 

It's been a while since I've been home too, and I do miss it sometimes but here is nice too :)

Really cool how similar our stories are!! 

Wow! Thats awesome I'm going to Italy next summer (mainly calabria)  I'm also into old movies. I'm obsessed with bette davis movies (what happened to baby jane and dead ringer mainly).  I also love fred astaire and ginger rogers (my wedding some was cheek to cheek) :)

Pocket full of Miracles is one of my favorites. Ginger Rogers is the reason I became a dancer. I fell in love while watching her dance.

Hi Nina. Yeah we want to stay there for about 10 days maybe spend a few days in sicily.  He'll actually be the first one in his family to go back to Italy.  I cant wait!  I'm trying to learn italian now

Wow I havent seen that movie I'll have to get it.  I actually named my VW beetle bette davis (I put eyelashes on it and everything LOL!) She was amazing and really good at being tough.

Oh wow!! Thats actually a good idea!  I may have to write notes when I'm there. Yeah I really looked out I have a 2006 Sunflower yellow vw beetle convertible. The lady that owned it never drove it and just wanted to get rid of it.  I literally cried because it was my dream car since I was little.

Hello! My name is Rose, and I got interested in pinup in high school. A close friend of mine named Alex got super into Bettie Page/Dita von Teese/retro stuff and I was inspired. Neither of us actually wore the pinup style really. I was more trying to blend in in high school and she had her own awesome eclectic style. We both wore vintage style dresses to our group's alt prom though (hers actual vintage, and mine handmade by my mom and I), but that was about it for me until about a year ago! When I graduated from Cosmo school and no longer had a dress code enforced (all black all the time ;; while I love black, I need some florals in my life, man!), I started getting more vintage and vintage style clothing and eventually got rid of almost all my old clothes and now here I am, pin up clothes, hair, and makeup every day! Currently I'm a stage kitten for a burlesque troupe on the Seacoast called Lady Luck Burlesque, but I've got a lot of ideas for routines and hopefully when the next competion or audition they hold comes along, I'll be ready!

I very much want to go back to college but there's no way I can afford it right now. I've hit some pretty big bumps in my life lately and I'm back to my old high school job at my local grocery store, but it's the best paying job I've ever had (now isn't that sad, haha), so as soon as I've saved up enough money I'd really like to move out to California. New Hampshire is freezing, it's terrible! 

I'm wicked excited about this forum/community etc. I've been a member since November I think but I never really got active until the last two weeks, and I can't wait to meet some new people and hopefully make some friends! I second the call for instagram usernames! Also tumblr if you've got it! My instagram is riflekind and my tumblr url is professionalpuppycat! (If you can't tell from my usernames, I'm v. into the nerdy stuff. Are any of you guys also into cosplay/nerdery?)

I've added you from my Instagram missbcross, Love your page so far! 

It's funny that you should say that about black because i'm a bit of an all-black and/or leopard print pinup most of the time, Hopefully you get warmer weather soon!

Followed you back! I adore black, I think it's beautiful and classy. I just can't live without my brights! I also don't have enough black in my wardrobe to wear it everyday with variety ;; /all the sads

I'm hoping the warm weather picks up soon! We had about 10 separate blizzards in the past month alone and if I see another snowflake coming down I might cry, haha. Spring is almost here though! *crossing my fingers*

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service