Does anyone own this dress and can you tell me what size worked for you? I am an odd size, 37/30/39, and in most brands I fit a medium in the bust and hips, but a large in the waist. However, my waist is pretty squishy after having kids, so I can usually go with a medium if it's a stretchy fabric. According to the measurement charts, a L would fit me in the waist but be huge in the bust. Can someone give some advice on what size to go with?

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ran into a similar problem w/ the Erika, which is the pencil skirt version of this dress; the size that fit my bust and waist was WAY too narrow in the hips, and the one that fit my hips was much too large elsewhere. I wanted this dress so badly, and I was sooo bummed to not get it but in the end, it was just not the right cut for me, and it sounds like you may be in the same boat. If you have a great alterations person you can take it to, you could go w/ the L and try to have it taken in, but I'm not sure how easy it would be w/ that cute ruching. You may want to consider getting the skirt in this pattern w/ a Bustier, Vamp, or Doris Top (depending on the occasion and/or where you live) or a different style altogether.

Hope this helps and good luck! <3

I know we're not the same size, but hopefully this helps. I have the Evelyn in yellow floral in a size S. I'm 34-26-36 and it was quite a snug fit, as in, no extra room anywhere. I'd go with the large because of the waist, I don't think the bust would be too big and those padded bras that increase your size by two cups do wonders.

that is very helpful kristen, and yeah, I have a bigger bra, and I am also a seamstress and can take it in if need be. It just isn't really a style that is meant to be tailored, so hopefully I can make it work off the rack. Thank you!

RSS

Members

Forum

Blog Anyone?

Started by Shy Anne in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Aoife 24K yesterday. 18 Replies

Just wondering if anyone has a Blog?Mine is: http://writerinadress.tumblr.comFeel free to share yours and I'll add you to my reader :) Continue

Name the one trend you would like to see end — and quickly at that?

Started by ivanova billy in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Amber yesterday. 10 Replies

What I call ‘LBC.’ This is the exposure of lower butt cleavage when ladies wear their bandage dresses too tight and too short. It’s not a classy look, but I see it all too often!Continue

Sizing help!

Started by Laura in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Laura on Tuesday. 2 Replies

I've been looking at dresses on PUG for the longest time and I think I finally want to order something. I was wondering how stretchy the fabrics used are and which size would fit me best.My…Continue

Your Favorite Pinup Girl Clothing Item of All Time?

Started by Bonnie Lynn Bozell in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Amanda de Frias on Monday. 24 Replies

Hello Ladies!So, I was discussing favorite PUG clothing with my sister last night, and we got to talking about our favorite pieces in our wardrobe. Then she asked me what is my absolute favorite…Continue

© 2014   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service