OK.  I am a fledgling Pinup Girl.  I've only recently found this wonderful world of fabulous style, although I guess I've been circling on the outskirts of it for years...

I am 5'2" & curvier, especially in the thighs and ass region.  My legs are a little extra-short.

I have dreamed for years--for my whole adult life--of wearing real stockings and a garter belt.  I don't know...it just seems like it would be AWESOME.  But I always felt like it wouldn't work with my fat little legs...

So the big work Xmas party is coming up...I'm going to try to make this dream come true.  I bought a Rago garter belt (6 garters) which has a little girdle ability.  It pulls on, no hooks. I also got some "practice" stockings.  They are Leg Ave, lace top, stretchy. 

Results of my trial run...the garter belt seems to fit, but when I move it keeps trying to roll up on me.  The stockings are perhaps even more of a problem...they're maybe too long or too stretchy...or maybe they're just crappy...or maybe it's my thighs...but the tops won't stay flat and smooth.

Do I have the wrong gear?  Can any of you nice ladies recommend good stockings for someone of my size/shape?  Or are stockings really just for skinny girls?

Thank you very much!!!!!

Heidi

Views: 7642

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I actually bought my garter and stockings from La Senza. Pretty decent quality, large stretchy fit, and short straps for short legs. The stockings are really soft and stretchy at the top and don't fold over.
I wore mine when I weighed almost 140 at 5'.
Hope this helps!
Also if you want a good shaper, try spanx high waisted tight end tights in nude. No muffin top since they sit under the bust and no worrying about a garter because the stockings are built into the spanx. I live for mine!
You can also try the high waisted slip as well if you want more freedom.

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service