OK.  I am a fledgling Pinup Girl.  I've only recently found this wonderful world of fabulous style, although I guess I've been circling on the outskirts of it for years...

I am 5'2" & curvier, especially in the thighs and ass region.  My legs are a little extra-short.

I have dreamed for years--for my whole adult life--of wearing real stockings and a garter belt.  I don't know...it just seems like it would be AWESOME.  But I always felt like it wouldn't work with my fat little legs...

So the big work Xmas party is coming up...I'm going to try to make this dream come true.  I bought a Rago garter belt (6 garters) which has a little girdle ability.  It pulls on, no hooks. I also got some "practice" stockings.  They are Leg Ave, lace top, stretchy. 

Results of my trial run...the garter belt seems to fit, but when I move it keeps trying to roll up on me.  The stockings are perhaps even more of a problem...they're maybe too long or too stretchy...or maybe they're just crappy...or maybe it's my thighs...but the tops won't stay flat and smooth.

Do I have the wrong gear?  Can any of you nice ladies recommend good stockings for someone of my size/shape?  Or are stockings really just for skinny girls?

Thank you very much!!!!!

Heidi

Views: 7642

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you!  So far my initial "test runs" with the Rago belt have been disappointing!  I will check out Hepburn & Leigh!

What works for me is getting something that has some lycra and something with a larger thigh circumference. I have very thick thighs and stay-ups will never stay up on me without a garter belt or girdle. Even so, if they are too tight around the thighs, they will roll in between the clips, despite being attached to the girdle or garter belt. I also hate thigh bulge, so I just size up.

In a previous post on page one of this thread I put a few links. :)

Ah!  Thick, fleshy thighs...the absolute bane of my existence!   So far, my garter belt/stocking experiment has not gone well.  I haven't tried on the stay-ups yet because they were so expensive and I don't want to snag them.  I've been practicing with the cheap-o Leg Ave stockings and it's been a disaster--they roll down between the clips and generally look terrible.  Instead of making my thighs look plumply spectacular, they just look extra-fat--oozing out above the stockings.  Not giving up yet, though!  There must be a way!

Yeah--this is a problem--I am also 5'2".  Since I have big thighs, I have to get big stockings.  Of course, in the world of hosiery size charts, that means I'm supposed to be 6'4".  I'll bet women back during WWII, like my Mom, used to alter stockings all the time--fearlessly. 

Yeah, I don't mind having a big ass.  That's all good.  But the big thighs...a pure misery.  And, hey, I don't want skinny little bird legs, either--I embrace my curves.  But if I'm going to slowly raise my skirt to show some man my sexy stockings, the whole thing has to look awesome.  Otherwise, I might as well stay in Control Top Pantyhose Hell...

I'm going to find some free time and a pair of cotton gloves and give the stay-ups I bought a trial run...I will report back.  :)

Gloves! Very important for putting stockings on. My hands get really chapped at work, and if I don't wear gloves while putting them on, they always snag.

I'm just checking in to say my $25 stay-ups from Stocking Girl totally did not fit--were way too small around the top for my big thighs.  So far my stocking quest is a disaster.  And I know it's not the stocking's fault.  It's me--my shape.  I just thought there might be a way to make it all work.  I was hoping there might be some common ground between sexy underwear and being a little fat.  I was hoping to "have it all".  So far, no good, but I'm not totally giving up.

Anyway, this little epiphany about looking shitty in stockings made me really sad and made me start spiraling downward in the usual way--I'm sure all you curvy girls know what I mean--on good days we are "curvy".  On bad days we are "fat".  But then I stumbled on this video clip and it brought things into perspective again.  You should all watch it.  It's rather awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4XP7KvIecI&feature=player_embedded

OK.  I found the George stockings.  They sort of fit, but really the whole package just doesn't look good--my leg fat hanging over the stocking tops kinda kills the sexiness thing.  :(. 

Stockings?  Fail.  But I gotta stay positive and  keep moving forward. 

For thew time being I'm going to settle for Spanx fishnet tights.  Fishnets have a certain allure and old-timey charm.  Better than just regular panty hose, which I loathe. 

BTW, I'm wearing all this with the black Monica dress to my work holiday party.  I love that dress, but I wish I looked more like Doris Mayday in it.  I ordered a waist nipper to wear with the tights because in spite of the internal shaper and all the rusching, I get a small muffin top above the Spanx waistband and that detracts from the awesomeness of the dress.

However...Spanx, built-in shaper in the dress, waist nipper--that's a lot of fucking underwear, just to make a dress look good.  I might think I'm going to wear that dress, but that dress is going to be wearing me!  When I get it all together, I'll report back--maybe with a photo.  Thanks, Ladies!

For garter belt I personnaly like What Katie Did, Secrets in lace , Rago & StockingsHQ. They all come in many sizes (with the exception of the last brand I think) & have great quality garter that won't let you, or your stockings down. 

For everyday wear stockings without seams, my favorite are Charnos 24/7 (2 pair per pack), they're pretty cheap & I am able to wear them several times without laddering (I get this at StockingsHQ)

For "everyday" seamed stockings I like What katie Did retro seamed stockings (regular & contrast) & also Cervin Seduction (these are non stretch). (stockingsHQ for cervin)

For something a little fancier I love Gio fully fashioned point & cuban heel, & WKD 15deniers contrast seamed stockings (both non stretch). (I get this at StockingsHQ)

For special event or photoshoots I adore Secrets in Lace stockings, they're absolutely divine & also Cervin liberation & Tentation (both fully fashioned). (StockingsHQ to get the Cervin)

To me the best garterbelt to start with is WKD maitresse (wide or narrow depending on your tastes), it has hooks closure but it's very comfy.The quality is well...just perfect & there are little details which makes it really pretty in addition of being functionnal.

Hope this helps !  

Viola

Thank you very much for the excellent suggestions!!!!

I came across this website and remembered you. They have stocking up to 6x for woman up to 300 pounds. Havent purchased from them before but it might be worth checking out.

www.stockingsonly.com

hope it helps!

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service