Hey pinupgirls. I just ordered the erin dress in plum size medium. fits like a dream everywhere but on my waist where it's saggy and to big... boooo! has anyone had to have things altered before? and if so do you know if people can alter dresses to fit one part of your body? I noticed there is stitching at the front as well as the sides of the waist... I dont know if that helps. Advice needed desperatley.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you spotted a "stitch line" along the waist then it shoudn't be too much of a problem to get it altered following this line or along the back zip maybe. 

It really depends on how much "sag" you have really... if it's a little it's fine because the "slimmed" parts won't be seen ,& be smooth & hidden. If there's a lot it could look bulky especially if the dress is really fitted...

Don't know if I was very clear...sorry if not :s (english isn't my native language LOL)

Viola

thanks for the advice. I'll head over to a seamstress this week. I dont think its so saggy that it could be bulky if restitched. It just doesnt look tight or pin upy enough in that area. bust and hips fit perfectly! Oh if only clothes shopping was easy :)

I've had to have a few things altered to fit in the bust. I haven't had any issues- if you have a good seamstress she should be able to help. If you're really worried leave the tags on and before you have it altered talk to them to see if its possible. If not you can still send it back

well if they can ajust something to someones bust then they can surely do something about fitting this dress to my wittled middle.

Yup! You should have no problems! They practically had to reconstruct the bust on my Birdie dress! 

RSS

Members

Forum

1950s clothing choices in winter and rain

Started by Sweet PinupGirl in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Miss Mickey 7 hours ago. 24 Replies

Hi Ladies.  I enjoy wearing 1950's/pinup clothing during the summer, but I would like to include my wardrobe into the winter, snow, colder months (I live in Canada).  Does anyone have any options…Continue

Tags: #1950sclothingwinter

Lazy Days?

Started by Paige Lavoie in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Katherine 19 hours ago. 15 Replies

Not that there's anything wrong with lazing around in leggings and a big t-shirt. But I was wondering, what do you guys default to on causal/lazy days? Lately I feel like when I'm in a hurry I'll…Continue

Harley dress on shorter ladies?

Started by Natalie Thomas in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Natalie Thomas Sep 9. 10 Replies

Hi I am hoping to have my lovely bridesmaids wear the Harley dress to my wedding and I could really use some sizing advice please!One of my bridesmaids is 5' tall and is wondering whether the torso…Continue

Tags: bridesmaids, Harley

New and happy to be with you !

Started by Sarah Mone in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Anna Sep 7. 5 Replies

Hey girls !I'm new on PUG so I wanted to introduce myself !I am french and I juste moved to Oslo in Norway to work and to see the world ! I am "chocolatière" : means chocolate maker if you prefer !I…Continue

Tags: norway, vintage, new

© 2014   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service