So, following on from Aleise Heart's discussion about what styles you do for everyday, I was wondering what you do when it's raining, windy, cold/freezing (for those of you who get 'real' winters :p ), and generally not nice outside.

I live on the edge of the Lake District, so obviously we get a lot of rain, and living on the coast it's also really windy (I work literally a stones-throw from the edge of the sea!), plus being the extreme Northwest of England (like Scotland is less than an hour away) we also get it pretty cold too (often in winter it can be -8'C or below when I leave for work).

So...how do you PUG it up when the weather's atrocious but you still have to leave the house?

Views: 485

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I live in Minnesota (we get loads of snow and it can get as cold here as -20 or -30 degrees F). If is brutally cold or snowing horribly I wear dress pants (usually wide legged or cigarette pants so at least "vintage" inspired) with a turtleneck sweater, etc. And I wear snow boots - you never know when you could get stranded in this weather - at that point I'd rather be alive than cute. So I just bring shoes and put them on at work. If the weather is tolerable (i.e above 0 degrees F) I will wear a dress or skirt but wear it with tights and sometimes a crinoline (they provide insulation) with a sweater or cardigan on top. I have a pair of high heeled oxfords that are more of a "winter" style but I still often wear snow boots out and about - the sidewalks are often slippery or snowy and I'd rather be unfashionable than have a broken limb. :-)

You know, a few years ago I only ever wore pants in the house, everywhere else I wore a skirt or dress.  I clearly just need to continue with my wardrobe improvement plan and get back to how I used to be lol

I live in SE Idaho (yes, it's truly as bad as it sounds) and I pretty much wear exactly what the Utah ladies were saying. Cute boots, skinny jeans, and a cardigan or a sweater. Though towards the end of last winter I discovered fleece lined tights and it totally changed my world.

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service