I've gotten to the point where I can wear my corset for an extended period of time (with the shape that I want) so finally I've taken to wearing them on date nights, etc. But now I have a brand new dilemma! My corset is clearly visible underneath nearly every dress I have. Save for the Monica dress (which looks beautiful with it) everything else shows every line, every detail. I tried it with  a pair of  high waist trousers just to see how it would look and it was horrid!

The corset I'm referring to is the long under-bust corset from Orchard Corset. Is there a specific type that I should be wearing to remedy this? had anyone else had this issue? I probably should've expected this.. right? amateur mistake I guess, = \

Views: 710

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Indeed, that is often the case when wearing corsets underneath clothing. I have found I just have to be selective about which dresses I wear a corset with. Actually I've not worn any of my corsets in a few months. But for whatever reason, my vintage dresses seem to have worked better with corsets, than my repro.

I don't wear corsets but I have heard that you can wear something like spanx over the corset to make it smoother, like this

Hi, I own a few What Katie Did corsets and find that they do not show too much under clothing. If I do find that the grommets are visible I usually just layer with some thicker shapewear (e.g. I have this panty girdle with a thick silk front that hides it perfectly. Also remember to tuck the laces in!

Ps I am selling a wkd corset (new, never worn) if you are interested. http://www.pinupgirlstyle.com/group/pug-swap-sell/forum/topics/for-...

I've wondered at this issue [ wondered ? well more like day dreamin , because of the expense ha ha ] it seems corsets these days are mainly made as for outerwear / playwear / waist training . Outerwear as in goth  dressing , or stage performers , night clubbing ; playwear as in bedroom . Waist training [ which is what I'm interested in ] I think would be wearing it 'kicking around the house ' training that waist , then using some really awesome shapewear under dresses / skirts for a great silhouette shape light . enjoy ;-)

thanks so much for all of your responses!

I'm starting to agree with you guys. Think I'm gonna go for a waist cincher or simple shapewear for underneath clothes rather than a corset. They're just too bulky, I think.

I would take a look at Lucy's Corsetry, she has an incredible wealth of knowledge and if you can't find your answer shoot her an email and she will respond back to you!  When I first got interested in waist training, this was my go to place. 

I myself love the rago shapewear line, specifically a longline bra with an openbottom girdle with my seamed stockings...a simple slip over the top, no visible lines through to my outer wear... and they shape nicely... corsets I reserve for winter clothes...or heavily structured formal wear... I hope this helps :)

I can totally understand your problem, it's always a shame when vintage garments don't work perfectly together isn't it?

For me I wear the corset over top of my dresses when I wear them both at the same time, if the colours match or if you can accessorise with both the colour of the dress and the corset you can end up with an absolutely adorable outfit. It's definitely more of a rockabilly punk look than vintage glamour though so I admit this solution won't be the perfect answer to your problem.

I hope that helps Rachel|Drake :)

Tonight I am going out to dinner with a friend. I am going to try to wear one of my corsets under one of my new PUG dresses. I will keep you all posted on how it worked.

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service