So anyone can easily get all gussied up in their best PUG threads and their face and hair all done up. But what about casual looks. This I have a hard time with. Does anyone have pics or tips for day to day vintage. Like for hair, makeup, accessories, and especially outfits. Can't exactly afford to buy all my separates from PUG, Bettie Page, etc and the stores at the mall these days aren't exactly selling mass amounts of vintage style clothing. So what do you do?

Views: 7201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of my favorite ways to do casual vintage is to cuff my jeans at the bottom by rolling them up and wearing my white keds, and then match it with a top that is either vintage-repro, or just aesthetically that way, like a mint top or polka dots,you get the idea!
My hair is always up in a bun or pony, and often with a hair flower or a small bow!
Pearl earring studs are a great way to add that classic flair!

I LOVE Freddies of Pinewood, it's not cheap, but they have NICE retro casual clothing and so worth it.  Here's a picture of me in my red pedal pushers and Rebecca top.  It's a look that can be copied, if on a budget. Look for high waisted pants and short cropped tops.  If you are going to splurge, Freddies is one of the places to do it.  Really nice quality and fit.

you look great! love the shoes!

Thank you very much Jennifer!  I got them from Naturalizer, they're on sale right now!

http://www.naturalizer.com/en-US/Product/EC0228358-3009722/Naturali...

Love the pants, Cindy.

I grew up in the land of fleece and Birks (Colorado) and now live in the land of Carharts (Iowa); I am always more "dressed up" than anyone else in the room!  I used to work as an executive assistant and wore a wiggle dress to work, my boss asked me why I was so dressed up!  Now that I am a stay at home mom I've just naturally gravitated towards the more casual.  Of late I have been wearing skinny boyfriend crop jeans from Target (Mossimo) and boat neck tees with either casual wedges or ballet flats.  I also have been wearing a rosie bandana in my hair a lot this summer, it's so easy and really compliments the whole look.  I never leave the house without my eyes and eyebrows done up (even just to do yardwork!). 

Yesterday I finally had success at the mall! I found the cutest royal blue high waisted shorts. They have that double breasted button look and the buttons are gold with anchors on them. Very nautical, which I absolutly love anything of the sort... Today However I overslept and am sadly looking a hot mess. No make up, a strange sort of ponytail and the Ol' "Cant decide what to wear, comfort zone dress" (We all have one lol). Nothing vintage about my look what so ever :(. (sigh) but there's always tomorrow...

where did you find the shorts at? they sound cute!

I got them at this little store called Joppa. Not sure if they have many other locations as I havnt seen them anywhere else. But a lot of little stores were selling similar high waisted shorts. Was excited to see that!

for casual, i like carpis, shorts, or a pencil skirt with a cute top and a cardigan if its chilly.  I always do my makeup though, since its been hot and I have an early morning class i have been putting my hair up a lot more than usual, a little curled pony tail a la the original Barbie, with a flower or bow in my hair and I'm out the door.  There are a lot of vintage/mad men inspired clothes in the mall stores right now, if you look hard enough you can find some really great, simple pieces.  I like Jc Penny's lately, I got a couple pencil skirts for $12 each.  I like ballerina flats for everyday, I do a lot of walking so I prefer not to wear heels to school, I have some right now that are black patent flats that go with everything.  I also like to shop at thrift stores, theres a store in my town that is run the the Assistance League (its a nonprofit that benefits local charities, like underprivaleged school, senior citizens, etc.) mostly it is run by a local senior citizens group.  So most of the donations are from people whose elderly relatives passed away, I have found some great clothes there for cheap. 

Hey there Monet -

I've posted the looks from the past few days of work... Hopefully, they will inspire you to find something. I will continue to post. Let me know if you have any questions about any of them (I think I've included the brands and where I bought them, as well as how much. if not, just ask).

I do apologize for the pic quality. I don't own a smart phone (not even a 4G phone! I am technologically inept and probably a little phobic, so I just want a basic phone) so the quality sucks. I've done work with iphoto (my laptop is a MAC), so they are as good as I can get them. And I don't have any pro pics done... I can't afford those, although I would love to do some! I'm working on a new camera, especially for the blog!

And the pics are available to anyone, so look away! And I always appreciate constructive criticism and comments!

Jenn

I think the Soda Fountain dress from Modcloth is a super cute day dress, not too expensive either. Otherwise highwaisted shorts/skirt and a crop top! Simple nude shadow with winged liner for makeup, hair up in a scarf or curled.

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service