Hi everyone! It's me Tahitia again and I wanted to talk to you all about a topic that I've been researching for a little bit now, breast augmentation, specifically breast implants.

As you can imagine this is an incredibly sensitive and an especially intimate topic, but I was really impressed with the feedback and advice that Harlow Napalm received with her Cosmetic Surgery thread, so I thought that I'd open this topic up for discussion.

Long story short, I recently lost a great deal of weight that I had put on and carried for a couple of years. Though I feel a lot healthier, stronger and more active since loosing the weight, my breasts do not have the same shape, size or even firmness that they used to have, not during my period of weight gain or even before my weight gain. 

I've been lucky enough to be able to talk with not just one, but two women who've undergone the procedure for very different reasons, but both of which couldn't be any happier with the results. One of these women is a user here on Pinup Style, and even though I don't want to give out her name in case she wants to keep that part of her life private she's been a major help in giving me insight on what I can expect.

What I'd like to know is insight from any women here on their experience with the procedure if they've had it themselves. Things like if there was a great deal of soreness afterwards in the chest and if it lingered for some time, can you feel the implants inside of you all the time and if so if that's a troubling or bothersome sensation, do you still have feeling in the breasts like you did before? Can you nurse through breasts with implants and does the growth in breast size with pregnancy make the implants look strange and misshapen at all? Most importantly is there anything, good or bad that you wish someone had told you about before the procedure that you did not know about.

So thank you for taking the time to read my questions in the post, and I can't wait to see what you guys have to say. Hugs!

Tahitia :)

Views: 2478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One more thing, I'm also in training to be a stuntwoman for TV & movies. I have a two week break in my training but then I'm back at it when September starts so I just don't have the time to take off for recovery for that either.

I mean, multiple takes of fake falls on your chest just can't be good for implants at all.

That is awesome (the stunt woman training) I look forward to seeing you in movies!  I'll totally yellout in the theater "I know her!!!!" and probably get kicked out lol.  Regarding the surgery, its your body and you are entitled to change your mind, better to find out now than after you had the procedure though that it would impact your career goals.  I know that you've said you were concerned about the effects it might have on breastfeeding, so it might be a good idea to wait until after you are done having babies.  Pregnancy and breastfeeding changes your body and especially your breasts so much, it might be beneficial to wait to see what changes occur and who knows they might grow and become the size you always wanted ;)  I know that after my weight loss, my breasts got a bit saggier, but weight lifting and pushups/pullups increased the mass of my pectoral muscles and I noticed that my boobs also tightened up and lifted about 2 inches higher on my chest.  I wish you all the luck in the world with all your endeavors and happiness in your decisions!   

Thanks Cela! That means so much to me. Odds are I won't get to appear on screen doing any stunts for at least a few years, but there is a chance it could be sooner, I'll let you know either way. I am up for two non-stunt related parts though that I'm really excited for, if I get them I'll be getting a credit for each part which would just be incredible.

As soon as I'm able to tell you guys any more I promise I will :)

Thanks for understanding about me changing my mind, and I absolutely appreciate the insight from your own experience with breastfeeding and what happens to your breasts afterwards.

Yes you're right that I am worried about loosing the ability to breastfeed (thank you for remembering that :) ), so when I stack that up along with my career path right now, waiting until at least after the (hypothetical) kids are born isn't that bad an idea. I still have all the research that I did, the talks (and touching) with my doctor's former patients, plus all the advice that you've given for when I decide to revisit this idea down the road.

So pushups and pullups helped tighten and lift your breasts? That's actually really interesting, I've never heard of that before but since I'm doing both a lot more myself as part of my stunt training maybe that will make a difference for me as well. Thank you so much Cela!!

Now this last part's a bit off topic but I thought of it after reading your response Cela. I do really want to have children one day, and for the first time my husband and I have come up with a timeline for how this will happen. I'm going to train in full for at least three years, and after that I'll have two years to practice and get as many credits doing stunts as possible.

After that, it's baby time :) We'll try for just one at first, and then I'll work my bum off to get back into stunt shape as soon as I can (easier said than done), and after a couple of years of working and raising our little guy/girl we'll decide if we want to go for another.

So that's the plan for now, which I'm sure will change a million times between now and then, but it's the plan. If I still feel I need the augmentation it would only be after I've decided that I was done having children.

So there, I'm done taking this off topic :) Please if anyone has any insight of their own or wants to talk about their decision to have the procedure done or ask any questions at all feel free to do that!

Pros: everything!

Cons: very, very few!

What I'd like to know is insight from any women here on their experience with the procedure if they've had it themselves.  I'll try my best below :)

Things like if there was a great deal of soreness afterwards in the chest Yes.  For the first week or two it hurts like hell, I struggled to do simple things like wash, or even lift my arms to have someone else wash my armpits.  However, it soon goes, and frankly (almost five years on!) I'd have the done again if I needed to for some reason without a second thought.

and if it lingered for some time You know, I really don't remember.  It was definitely sore for about a fortnight, but I had that time off work so just sat around.  I struggled to stretch properly while my body was still fully healing and growing new tissue over and around my implants, but - for me - this was the truest "no pain, no gain".

can you feel the implants inside of you all the time That depends how much you feel your boobies!!  It's no different to having a piercing, or tattoo - you know it's there, but you can't feel it unless you actually touch it.

and if so if that's a troubling or bothersome sensation Early on, if touched the edges of the implant and ran my scars over them it might feel odd, but more in that "it's a new sensation" way, than actually problematically.

do you still have feeling in the breasts like you did before? Yes, but this is different for everyone.

Can you nurse through breasts with implants I was told I'd be able to, but I have no plans to find out.

and does the growth in breast size with pregnancy make the implants look strange and misshapen at all? I don't know, and don't want to :)

Most importantly is there anything, good or bad that you wish someone had told you about before the procedure that you did not know about.  I went with a really good company - at the time they focused solely on breast augmentation/reduction surgeries.  I also did a lot of research first, to the point I knew what I would be recommended by the surgeons I went to see (and I was right!).  I went to see several companies, which I'm very glad of, because the first one I saw (which I was very excited about!) was just interested in selling, rather than selling to me and my preferences etc.

You'll definitely want one of those funny V/U pillows for sleeping in bed, you need to sleep propped up for a while, at first I sat in the sofa with my legs on a dining chair(!) (I woke often, and needed to walk around to get comfy again), and then I slept in bed propped up with all sorts of pillows.  Arnica is good, I normally bruise really badly but started taking it about a fortnight before my surgery, and continued for about 6 weeks after and didn't see a single bruise; I was also given some oil to put on my scars once I'd had the dressings removed, I can't remember what I was, but Bio Oil is fabulous for scars.  I still have my scars, which doesn't bother me - they're tiny and not very noticeable.

I went from about a AAA (yes, boobs go that small!) to a DD/E, and am ridiculously happy!  Apparently, augmented boobs don't look as big as they actually are (if that makes sense!), but I suppose that's only an issue if you want to look big/huge/whatever to other people; I just wanted to feel like a woman and have breasts, and fit nice clothes nicely (before I have my augmentation, I got a dress from PUG and when I tried it on I cried because it looked so wonderful on Masuimi, and just daft on me); it's my 5 year boob-iversary in September, and I love them and now I wouldn't change them for the world.

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service