Hi everyone! It's me Tahitia again and I wanted to talk to you all about a topic that I've been researching for a little bit now, breast augmentation, specifically breast implants.

As you can imagine this is an incredibly sensitive and an especially intimate topic, but I was really impressed with the feedback and advice that Harlow Napalm received with her Cosmetic Surgery thread, so I thought that I'd open this topic up for discussion.

Long story short, I recently lost a great deal of weight that I had put on and carried for a couple of years. Though I feel a lot healthier, stronger and more active since loosing the weight, my breasts do not have the same shape, size or even firmness that they used to have, not during my period of weight gain or even before my weight gain. 

I've been lucky enough to be able to talk with not just one, but two women who've undergone the procedure for very different reasons, but both of which couldn't be any happier with the results. One of these women is a user here on Pinup Style, and even though I don't want to give out her name in case she wants to keep that part of her life private she's been a major help in giving me insight on what I can expect.

What I'd like to know is insight from any women here on their experience with the procedure if they've had it themselves. Things like if there was a great deal of soreness afterwards in the chest and if it lingered for some time, can you feel the implants inside of you all the time and if so if that's a troubling or bothersome sensation, do you still have feeling in the breasts like you did before? Can you nurse through breasts with implants and does the growth in breast size with pregnancy make the implants look strange and misshapen at all? Most importantly is there anything, good or bad that you wish someone had told you about before the procedure that you did not know about.

So thank you for taking the time to read my questions in the post, and I can't wait to see what you guys have to say. Hugs!

Tahitia :)

Views: 2478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i had a full C..in high school... started having babies at 20 had babies . went up to a EE... stopped having babies .. lost about 50 lbs over the course of the years... stopped breastfeeding.. and ended up a AA on one side and an A on the other. I wanted them restored.. my hips got a bit wider too and now i felt defeminized, and  non proportionate. for the first time in my adult life, nothing in my closet that i wore from the waist up , fit me. I wanted my boobs back. So. I got them back. I call it restoration because i had them and then did not . and wanted them replaced. I love them and think it was WELL worth it. it is the only cosmetic surgery I have ever had .. and one of the best choices i ever made.

Barbarann, thank you so much for sharing your experience! You nailed it perfectly when you said the word "restoration". It so true, though I'm healthier now I miss the boobs I had before. I'm so glad to have met all you lovely ladies, it feels good to know that there are wonderful women like you out there! Hugs! :) 

When I was 23 my daughter was born.  She nursed for a little over a year. My breast were huge during this time and I felt good about my body. When I was 25 I got a divorce, my daughter and I moved to a new town. I lost my baby weight and my breast were small, misshapen and saggy.  I had the procedure completed when I was 26. My implants are silicon, smooth and placed under the muscle. It was extremely painful for me. I swore if I knew how much it hurt I wouldnt have got it done. Childbirth was easier! I also had an adverse reaction to the  prescribed vicodin so I didnt sleep for the first 24 hours post-op. I just laid in bed in pain.  I couldn't raise my hands above my head for about 4 days. It takes a few months to fully heal but I got back to my normal routine in about a week. (you need to wait a while longer to work out) The feeling never fully came back on parts of my breast.  I wanted the implants placed under the muscle bc there is less interference with mammary tissue and most women can still breast feed.   The doctor actually went thru my nipple to place the implant. This was NOT the plan. The incision was suppose to be under my breast. Be very explicit about how you want the procedure completed. Find a physician who has a good bed side manner and does not rush and listens to what you want. Make your concerns heard!  I am glad I got implants. I feel good about my body and look proportionate. I think it is important to go for a more natural look. I had quite a bit of breast tissue to start with,  I feel like i really just filled them back up. They feel natural and I really like that about them. They become a part of you so they dont feel like they are in the way. Its like a tatoo or wearing a ring everyday, eventually you dont even notice they are there. Im not sure about pregnancy but I have heard they need to be redone after pregnancy. I wish someone told me to buy very supportive bras without an under-wire for a few weeks post-op. The thing they send you home in is gross.  Whatever you end up deciding I hope you are happy with the results!

:) Miranda

Thank you so much for sharing your story MrsChapman, I'm a strong believer in full disclosure between a doctor and their patients so I really appreciate your advice.

I'll be sure to ask the doctor about his own experience with augmentation patients and pregnancy and thank you for the well wishes :)

It does hurt and there is soreness and for about 6 months they were settling and sometimes would look not what I wanted them to look like, occasionally I had pain.  I had to have a revision about 6 months later due to the implant falling out of pocket. Not dr. fault, I went to work to soon and was lifting and doing stuff too early.

I don't notice them anymore.  Its been so long and they are a part of me.  570 cc in each breast, saline and my implants are under muscle  I went from a b cup to d/dd.  Kept all feeling.

Ooooh thank you VERY much for sharing this information Shay, I'll definitely remember to take it easy after the procedure for as long as the doctor recommends.

I'll keep in mind what you said about them needing a little time to settle too, but I'm really happy to hear that eventually you don't even notice them anymore and that you kept all the feeling.

Thanks again :)

So Tahitia, I am gathering that you are going to go ahead with the procedure. When and if you do it please update us. And please find the best doctor you can for this. All surgery is a risk. It is important that you find someone who you like and has good experience.

I have decided Aoife and yes, I'm going to be going through with the procedure, and I promise that I will be updating everyone on the details on how things go forward from here.

Thanks to this thread I can tell that there's a lot of interest in this topic, and I actually think that this is an incredible opportunity to really show other women thinking about the procedure what they can expect from the consultation, to the procedure to the recovery itself.

I'll probably be making those updates on my blog here on Pinup Girl Style, of course if I can get my own actual website up and running by then I'd love to actually have some video blogs to go along with them as well. 

As for the doctor, I already have one in mind. I found him because he came recommended by a friend of mine who had done the procedure on a friend of hers. I got to meet her friend and have a look at his work and I was really quite impressed.

I still have to have the consultation before I can say I've even started to get the ball rolling, but as soon as I do I'll let you all know how it all went.

I have recently passed the one year mark on my BA and I couldn't be happier. I have not read all the comments and replies so I'm sorry if I repeat what people have already said. Have you been to a consult yet? One thing I didn't know when I first started seriously considering surgery was that they would have to be replaced every 15-20 years. If that isn't something you want to deal with, don't do it. As far as the pain, it wasn't unbearable. I have a pretty high tolerance but I don't remember being completely miserable. I actually went back to work in about 9 or so days because I couldn't get more time off. The hardest part for me was getting out of bed. I slept on the couch a lot and that was more comfortable. I had a hard time sleeping propped up on a pillow like they suggest so I didn't. I definitely couldn't sit up in bed so if I needed to get up without assistance I literally had to slide off my bed to the floor from the lying down position. DO NOT forget and try to use your arms to sit up!! Ouch! Also, obviously the doctor is the most important part, try to talk to people in your area who have done it and find out who they like as we'll as doing a ton of online research. And please dont try to get a better deal by going with someone less qualified. A good doctor is going to be expensive! I got lucky and found my guy from a girl at my work who had the most beautiful job done. I asked her who he was, found out online that he was a very highly recommended, went to see him and fell in love. Also, they do take a long time to soften, settle and "drop" which can be frustrating. Don't worry if you feel like they should be looking differently than they do for a while. I don't remember how long mine took, a few months at least and some say they can take up to a year. I feel like mine looked pretty much like they do now after 6 or 7 months. Lastly, not you can't feel them in or anything like that. After you recover for a few weeks you doctor will show you how to move and massage them. This sort of grossed me out at first but that went away. It's very important that you do that as he directs you to. I helps them to settle and will help them to look more natural. I can't think of anything else but if you have anything specific you want to ask, feel free. You can PM me if you feel more comfortable. I wish you the best of luck with your journey!

Thank you so much for sharing your personal experience with BA Melissa. I have heard that they would have to be replaced at some point yes, I'll be discussing that with my surgeon for sure. I'm also glad to hear that you're recovery wasn't unbearable either.

As for picking the right doctor, I came across the surgeon that I'm hoping to go with almost the same way you came across yours by the sound of things, through a friend. Luckily this friend was nice enough to let me not just have a look at her BA but to feel them too to give me a hint of what to expect. Meeting with a patient of the doctor's was a big factor in deciding to go through with this in the end.

I agree completely about the price issue, when you're dealing with your health and your ability to live your life, why on earth would you want to go with a cheaper option. Those are also really good tips on what to expect with the recovery and possibly being more comfortable on the couch than the bed.

I'll also be sure to ask the doctor about moving and massaging them help place them properly, that's something I'd never heard of before but it really sounds important to remember. I promise you I'll do exactly as the doctor says every step of the way, the last thing I want is a needless complication.

Since this is going to be a considerable expense (it's like you said, the good doctors cost  money) it might still be a little bit until I actually can go for the procedure. I'll also probably try to schedule the procedure if possible for a time in the year when I can take it easy for the recovery at home, maybe just after Christmas.

As for questions, as long as you're comfortable with answering them, I think it would be really helpful for women reading this to see the answers as well. I've heard from a few women now who've had the procedure that they don't really feel the need to wear bra's a lot of the time, have you noticed that too? Did you notice a difference or change in how your breasts moved when you moved in a way that took any getting used to? Did at any time after your BA you loose any sensation in the nipples and if so did it eventually return?

Again, thank you SO much for sharing the details of your own experience. Advice like this has been extremely helpful in this process. 

So as long as everyone's still interested in finding out how this goes and the powers at be here on the site are okay with it, I definitely want to cover how my BA moves forward here and in my Pinup Girl Style blog.

After 9 pregnancies ( lots of 2nd trimester losses) and 4 csections totaling about 5-6 years of breastfeeding I am long over due for a BA and will be getting one towards the end of the year! I'm going with saline and using a surgeon out of Oklahoma City. We are stationed at Ft Wood MO. We move to Hawaii the beginning of next year and I will be getting done before then because of the price difference! Good luck!!

Are you able to breast feed after getting implants? I really want to get implants but not if that means that I can't breastfeed in the future.

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service