Hey all, I'm posting here because I am really hoping that PUG will consider adding some alternate shipping methods for their Canadian customers.

UPS is just SO expensive, and unless you're in a hurry to get your package (and get here in a hurry, it does!), it would be really lovely to have some other options. USPS options would be great, as they can still do ground shipping to Canada, and they tend to be far more affordable.

Maybe if others posted in support of this, we can convince them to expand their options for your neighbours to the north. :)

Thanks!
Dani

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a code for free international shipping for orders over $300.

If you don't make $300+ orders on your own then maybe a friend or 2 would like to order something from the shop & this way : no shipping fees ! :)

Viola

Thanks Viola, that's something at least.

but I DO agree that shippinf fees to canada are way too expensive :(... for black friday I made a BIG order & because I was using the sale code I could't have free shipping & I paid over $70 (without customes) :s... 

I'm in Australia and share this sentiment. I know PUG is hesitant but this issue comes up constantly. Other shipping options would be great. I buy from Bettie Page, Collectif, Modcloth etc. All offer cheaper options and I've never had a problem. I also accept that I take a risk with cheaper shipping but that's my choice and I'm prepared to accept any consequences. Sometimes, people don't need or want $300 worth of items and so a cheaper option would be awesome!

Exactly, CK. I tend to find myself gravitating towards other shops because of the shipping differences as well.

Maybe we can share this around and try to get some more support! I'm sure PUG would love to make it easier for customers to justify an order. ;) I know I held off during the Black Friday sale because I just wasn't ready to pay for the shipping again. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's not followed through with an order when they saw the shipping prices!

I refuse to pay the price of a week's fuel or classy dinner out for shipping so I only shop if I have over $300 in my cart. The only time I have paid for shipping is when there has been at least 25% off because that makes it worth it depending on how much you spend. Like I said, I know PUG is hesitant to offer other shipping options but when so many customers regularly discuss this issue, it's indicative that it's a big concern amongst us. I'm a mega PUG fan and will always shop PUG as long as they have the over $300 free shipping but I must admit they have lost sales from me when I have wanted one item for an event because I save up to $35-$40 in shipping by shopping elsewhere. 

Ditto! You'd think offering more options would increase their bottom line! I work for a company that does large-scale online retailing (I'm their graphic designer), and I know that removing the barriers to customers placing an order is one of our highest priorities. We play with sales and shipping options regularly, and I bet if PUG gave it a test run they'd see their sales increase.

And sorry, I said UPS in the first post, but I meant FedEx! My bad.

I like FedEx better than UPS but still, so expensive.

If it helps PUG, I order quite often from a gamer-clothing site and they offer shipping through USPS. My order is usually here within 2 weeks (and one time I ordered to the FAR north, and still within 2 weeks) and I am always very happy with the state the clothes come in. 
Now these are Tshirts wrapped in a bag-envelope, so I'm sure it'll be a little different for dresses. But I have no problem waiting a week or so, gives me something to look forward to! And anyway I'm never home when they try to deliver and I have to wait 3 days of them trying to deliver even when I tell them just leave it at the dang shipping center and I'll pick it up! *fluster*

An option for any of you that live near the border: there are mail centers where you can ship to their address, for websites that only ship to USA addresses, but I don't know how they work with UPS/FedEx. Might be something to try/research?
I haven't bought anything from PUG yet (I'm trying, but that's another story) so I'm not sure if they offer just USPS for American customers, but maybe you could try that and ship to one of these mail centers. The only pain with those is dealing with border line ups, but you can snag some cheap gas at the same time (its something).

I agree with everyone else's comments. I try to shop the swap page here or eBay where shipping is less. I often need my PUG things altered too so once I pay shipping and alterations that is ONE expensive dress.....

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service