This is slightly OT for PUG Style. But I just had to post about it. I have already written and posted pics to my Facebook and Flickr pages. Ari Seth Cohen is a fashion blogger and photographer who has both a blog and a book called Advance Style. The premise of his work is pretty basic. He celebrates older women who dress with style, flair and creativity. When I say older women I am not talking about women over thirty. I am talking about women in their sixties, seventies, eighties and so on. I was able to go to a book signing he did here in the LA area this past Saturday at a wonderful little boutique called Koi in South Pasadena. The women who came to the event were all beautiful and all stylish. It was truly inspiring. It was such a joy to meet Mr Cohen and to have him sign the copy of the book that I bought. I met some really fabulous and inspiring people at the event. In the photo collage on the left is a pic of me with one of the women featured in the book, Debra Rapoport. In the middle is Ari Seth Cohen and myself. And then finally is my new friend, Bliss who designs and sells handbags.

The website for A.S. Cohen is: http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com/

The Facebook page for Debra Rapoport is: https://www.facebook.com/DebraRapoport

And to check out Bliss' purses:http://www.heavenlyhandbags.com/

I usually only post pics here of me wearing PUG clothing. But this was a unique situation. I am wearing a Bernie Dexter dress. Oh, I must say that I am totally dissatisfied with how my hair looks here. I am wearing a new hair accessory made for me by Brandi Shuey but, sorry to say, it is not shown very well in these pics. But I am totally happy with the whole experience.

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looking lovely as always. Your hair is fine too!

Thank you Andrea! You are such a wonderful person and friend!

I think you look fabulous as always!!!

Vickie, thank you my dear.

So jealous you went! My mom went too! You look darling.

RSS

Members

Forum

(somewhat melancholy....but..)

Started by BooPGirL in PUG Fans Around The World May 5, 2020. 0 Replies

I'm looking for examples of funeral appropriate style. Any suggestions? Continue

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XL

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World. Last reply by Susanne Brown Mar 11, 2019. 1 Reply

Sale: Bettie Page Aurora dress XLNever worn, new without tag, Belt Included!99 USD+…Continue

Tags: dress, pink, evening, formal, page

Doris pants in Chocolate brown

Started by Tabitha Burch in PUG Fans Around The World Feb 10, 2018. 0 Replies

I'm looking for a size 2x in the Doris pants in Chocolate brown. They are so out on the website. If anyone has a pair or know when it will be restocked, I need them!!

For saleBirdie dress floral S

Started by Marta in PUG Fans Around The World Oct 6, 2017. 0 Replies

Selling size S Birdie dress without belt, worn very few times. 70$+30 shipping worldwide.

© 2024   Created by John at Pinup Girl Clothing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service